Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8.2 available for download from TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8.2 available for download from TomTom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By far the quickest way to put this file on the device is by using Winrar to extract the contents of the cab file and put them straight on to the device. (Winrar is available from Here

To use, connect the device to your PC and shutdown Home (if it starts), open the cab file using Winrar, scoop up all the files and folders that Winrar shows and click the "Extract To" button.
In the choose location dialogue box that opens up select your TomTom device from the list of drive letters and click OK, winrar will handle where the various files and folder contents should go on the device.

As with other advice make sure you back up your device BEFORE doing anything like this and don't be too surprised if you find certain functions on the device don't work - Mike
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DinAlt wrote:

as mentioned above IQ 24/7 doesn't appear to be enabled (though this may be hidden from view - IQ routes themselves are enabled and working.

It could be the case that the v810 maps don't include 24/7 data. That's why I'd like to know which map is supplied with the x40 units. Let's hope that someone can answer that question soon.
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just put it on and love it. Icons on menu much nicer. Bluetooth works with my phone, favourites are there, nothing appears lost yet. Certainly, the things I use anyway.
Need to run it out on a journey yet but it is staying until I find something missing or not working. Interesting to see whether my "switching on" problem continues.
And I have a both Home and Explorer backups just in case!
Doug
Very Happy at the moment!
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: problems Reply with quote

I have just installed the 940 update and I cannot get my tts voice to work everything else was working but I tried a demo route and there was no tts voice or any voice at all.I have a 720 and have re-installed the tts vioce (kate) but still no joy !!!!!

Last edited by cazmar on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I did a route demo and it worked as it should! Tim (I think) loud and clear!
Love it!
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: problems Reply with quote

cazmar wrote:
I have just installed the 940 update and I cannot get my tts voice to work everything else was working but I tried a demo route and there was no tts voice or any voice at all.I have a 720 and have re-installed the tts vioce (kate) but still no joy !!!!!

Don't forget that if the demo speed is greater than 300%, you won't hear any computer voice. This is for firmwares N7x and 8.010 so I presume the same holds true for 8.2
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: no voice Reply with quote

I didnt have a voice even when I touched the bottom of the screen where it usually says "no route planned" I really like the new look and would love to get it working.......any help please.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: problems Reply with quote

cazmar wrote:

Firstly I have to say I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been closed yet....

When I initially installed the .CAB file the TTS was very hit or miss, sometimes it worked and other times no sound whats so ever. In the end I had to install an alternative TTSYSTEM file that allows my 720 to emulate different modes ie x20, x30 or x40 this also fixed the Voice Control which wasn't available. Its now all running and has been 100% stable, I'll retry the standard TTSYSTEM file.

Other things to note...

* The compass still point the wrong way East / West
* TMC RDS receiver works but the Voice Command 'Read Traffic Information' does not function correctly, it says that traffic has not yet been activated yet. This is a bug with the x40 devices.

Last edited by SpeedCam on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The compass does NOT point east/west in N8, only North. Trust me. Lay the unit flat like a map to see what I'm talking about.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: problems Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:

Other things to note...

* The compas still point the wrong way East / West
* TMC RDS receiver works but the Voice Command 'Read Traffic Information' does not function correctly, it says that traffic has not yet been activated yet. This is a bug with the x40 devices.

A few more observations:

* No changes in the advance lane guidance. Could be due to map version
* No added features for voice control as was indicated for the x40 units
* No 24/7 IQ Rouiting - probably due to map version
* I can't establish an data connection any longer. Don't know if this is due to the new software.

Apart from the issues above it's working fine. The differences are quite minor, except for the new icons.
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: 940 Reply with quote

Speedcam.....I have sent you a PM.
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would you say all the changes appear to be cosmetic?

Cheers

Carl
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_the_cobbler wrote:
So would you say all the changes appear to be cosmetic?

Cheers

Carl

With small exceptions, yes! One welcome change is that the name of the next road appears on the top of the screen instead of the bottom (below the name of the current road). That makes it clearer.

I had been hoping that some improvements of MapShare would be introduced, like a better way of changing speed limits.

I had also been hoping to keep the music from the Jukebox playing in the background during the spoken routing instructions (but with a lower volume). The new software stills mutes the music completely, which is quite annoying.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way you can have audio music that doesn't mute while a navigation instruction is issued is to use a Bluetooth compatible stereo, use BT HiFi for the music and the built in speaker for the spoken instructions - works a treat on any of the 910, x20, x30 and 940 devices - Mike
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The only way you can have audio music that doesn't mute while a navigation instruction is issued is to use a Bluetooth compatible stereo, use BT HiFi for the music and the built in speaker for the spoken instructions - works a treat on any of the 910, x20, x30 and 940 devices - Mike

Hmmm...I'm not so keen on replacing the factory installed stereo from my car, even though there are probably ways to fit it in.

But how difficult can it be to get the music and the navigation instruction to play at the same time? Is it a limitation of the sound chip in the unit that prevents this mixing or is it only a matter of writing software that handles it?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: