Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x40/HD Traffic retailer stock and purchase
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x40/HD Traffic retailer stock and purchase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthdevil wrote:
Guinness2702 wrote:
Pfft, I'm too impatient to wait for Dabs, and they won't offer me next day delivery, so I've just cancelled, and ordered from Halfords for delivery tomorrow.

Soon

Why not handtec when its £30 cheaper?

I was a little put off handtec by their false "in stock" claims on Friday. I don't like a company that uses predictive stock they haven't received as a justification to put "in stock" on their website. When I called them up about it they wriggled to justify.

I like the cheapest price for sure...but does anyone know how they are when things go wrong...such as a faulty TomTom?
Guinness2702
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
From experience Dabs will not let you select next day delivery when they do not have stock of an item. However whenever I have ordered anything from Dabs on standard delivery of value, it always comes next day as they use a courier or RM special delivery for insurance purposes.

Hmm, not so here. I bought a new optical drive from them recently. Ordered sometime on a Friday afternoon/evening, and it didn't arrive until Weds, IIRC.

MrT wrote:
Is it really worth paying a lot extra to get something a day earlier?

I told you I was impatient. Actually, it's more than that - since Dabs are showing it not currently in stock, and given the above about their delivery, I'm not certain that I will have it by Thursday (long story, but if it's delivered after then, I won't actually get it until the following Monday at the earlierst), if I order from them.

If dabs could guarantee that I would have it by Thurs (which is why I wanted the "next day" option), I would have kept it on order with them. They can't, Halfords say they can, easy decision (yes, I know it's more money and my impatience has gotton the better of me, but hey, it's not a crime, and it's my money)
Guinness2702
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthdevil wrote:

Thought about them, but I've seen enough comments on the interwebs to make me question the reliablity of their delivery. If it was something unimportent, then I would try them, but see my comments above re impatience and Thursday delivery.
stealthdevil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ask Halfords to see if any of the stores have it in stock to pick up?

I am just as impatient as you, what is the cut off date for Halfords so I get it tomorrow? I'm waiting till about 1pm to see if anywhere else lists it. And the comments about handtec have me thinking twice. Sad

Basically, I want it tomorrow, no later.
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthdevil wrote:

I am just as impatient as you, what is the cut off date for Halfords so I get it tomorrow? I'm waiting till about 1pm to see if anywhere else lists it. And the comments about handtec have me thinking twice. Sad

Halfords HQ and stores are saying there is a week gap between online and shop and they aren't expecting stores to have them until next MOnday when there will be a big marketing push on it. That is not to say some stock may appear in stores during this week...but my 2 local stores aren't expecting any
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I ordered from Amazon over a week ago just before they changed the expected launch date to the 7th of November, then the annoucement on here came of the launch on Friday with units likely to be available for delivery this week and over the weekend I got an email from Amazon that TomTom has delayed the launch as expected delivery to be the 7th or 8th of November so looks like I wont be getting mine until next week :-(
Guinness2702
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthdevil wrote:

I didn't ask, but the website says no to reserve and collect. If you want it tomorrow, then your options appear to be handtec or Halfords right now.

Sorry, no idea what the cut-off time is, which is why I placed my order this morning, instead of waiting to see if dabs get any today.
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfords - you have to order before 10am to get next day delivery!!

Handtec - Still don't physically have the stock regardless of the website. Stock due in by 2pm

Dabs - Now stating 4th or 5th November
stealthdevil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I missed out on halfords.

As for dabs, they said 6th nov..

Won't be waiting for shops, I placed my order with handtec. A bit of a risk, but when i spoke to them they were pretty confident it will be shipped out today. I asked them if there is a chance they won't get any today, they said no as it's already on route to them..

I'm hopeful and have my fingers crossed!!
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guinness2702 wrote:
I've just checked, and Comet are now accepting orders online.

From personal experence, I wouldn't use comet again. See http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67203

Just my personal experence with comet online of course.
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
Guinness2702
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthdevil wrote:
Yeah I missed out on halfords.

......they said no as it's already on route to them..

I'm hopeful and have my fingers crossed!!

It'd be ironic if you missed out on Halfords and beat me to it from cheaper handtec. Halfords still have my order at the "confirmed" stage, despite my placing it nearly 2 hours ago. I won't be happy until they say it's dispatched.
Guinness2702
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme2812 wrote:
I wouldn't use comet again.

I won't use Comet, because it would appear that the *best* delivery they can offer is "usually takes 14 days with a range of options" (and that's the paid for one, the free one is worse).
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are available (940 and 540 anyway) on EBay with free delivery, so maybe you could pick up, in the Nottingham area I believe.

http://xrl.us/ov32a (940)

http://xrl.us/ov32e (540)

and if you order before 3 next day delivery is an extra tenner

Cheers

Carl
SunnyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthdevil wrote:
I placed my order with handtec. A bit of a risk, but when i spoke to them they were pretty confident it will be shipped out today. I asked them if there is a chance they won't get any today, they said no as it's already on route to them..

Did you ask whether the courier uses an x40 to make sure their expected delivery time is accurate? Laughing
cullengr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonstatt wrote:
stealthdevil wrote:
Guinness2702 wrote:
Pfft, I'm too impatient to wait for Dabs, and they won't offer me next day delivery, so I've just cancelled, and ordered from Halfords for delivery tomorrow.

Soon

I was a little put off handtec by their false "in stock" claims on Friday. I don't like a company that uses predictive stock they haven't received as a justification to put "in stock" on their website. When I called them up about it they wriggled to justify.

I like the cheapest price for sure...but does anyone know how they are when things go wrong...such as a faulty TomTom?

Just received an email from Dabs to say my 940 has been shipped.
Ordered from Dabs as I can get BT staff discount.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: