Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN7 advertised for preorder at Easy Devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN7 advertised for preorder at Easy Devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may well have had information on TTN7 provided to them 'as pre-installed on certain OEM devices' and it's only a small leap to assume it would become a retail product when we now know it will not.
hgm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just asked TomTom about new maps for Nav6 or availability of Nav7 for PDA and got this reply:

The last map for Navigator 6 is version 6.75. We are moving to Navigator 7 which should be released sometime soon an exact date i do not know at present. Nav 7 has been released in Germany and austria and the netherlands so it will be going European wide soon.
Bartmanekul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im thinking we are better off just ignoring all companies (including TT) and just beleiving it only when something is on the shelves.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hgm wrote:

The last map for Navigator 6 is version 6.75. We are moving to Navigator 7 which should be released sometime soon an exact date i do not know at present. Nav 7 has been released in Germany and austria and the netherlands so it will be going European wide soon.

Unless it's got lost in translation I take 'last' to be it for any future maps for v6, as I had presumed anyway. I read the rest as saying that v7 will be released as it has in Germany, i.e. pre-installed on a device. I don't think we'll be seeing anymore PDA releases as has already been said.

Shame, must start saving those 'orrible 5p's, lots of them! Smile
hgm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The person who replied was from TomTom UK - so there shouldn't be a translation problem. Also I specifically asked about maps for a PDA and said iPAQ.

It must be possible to determine if Nav 7 has actually been released in Germany etc.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hgm wrote:

It must be possible to determine if Nav 7 has actually been released in Germany etc.

It is and it has. Unfortunately the release was only a pre-installed version for the HTC touch diamond phone supplied under contract by O2. There has been no release anywhere of retail pack for installing to a phone or PDA
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
hgm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is and it has. Unfortunately the release was only a pre-installed version for the HTC touch diamond phone supplied under contract by O2. There has been no release anywhere of retail pack for installing to a phone or PDA

I sent another email to TomTom saying:

"I have made some further enquiries and have been told that Navigator 7 has not been released anywhere for PDAs. So can I ask again please if it is going to be released in the UK for PDAs.
If it isn't, I will have to find another make of software because the Nav 6 maps are too out of date."

and received the reply:

"Navigator 7 has been released in Germany/Austria and the Netherlands at present and will be going European wide soon. Like i said earlier i do not know an exact date of release for this product in the UK at the moment."

I can't ask any clearer than that. Can someone from Pocket GPS comment on this please as you have said you received a reply to say that it wouldn't be released.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hgm wrote:
I"Navigator 7 has been released in Germany/Austria and the Netherlands at present and will be going European wide soon. Like i said earlier i do not know an exact date of release for this product in the UK at the moment."

They are being economical with the verite I am afraid. Wink

It HAS been "released" in some counties BUT only pre-installed on some Touch Diamond (or Touch Diamond Pro) phones provided under contract by some mobile phone companies. It has NOT been released as a separate retail product for after market installation in any PDA or phone.

That is why when you go into TomTom's map shop and try to buy maps for Navigator 7 you are given a drop down choice of 9 different variants of the HTC Touch Diamond or Touch Diamond Pro, all supplied by mobile companies in different countries.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site has now been updated; instead of apparent information about the release and a packshot, a blank page simply declares 'This item is out of stock'.

Trades description act - can't be said to be out of stock if its never been stocked! I call for a mass protest! Boycott the store! Sack Jonathan Ross! [ahem!, sorry, came over all 'Daily Mail' for a second!] Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: