Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris_ah1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this work with GarminXT??

I've been testing the application with a friend's phone as I'm not too chuffed with nokia maps, and the on-board Garmin database is pretty rubbish - not even showing some cameras that have been around for many years on Embankment.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the compatibility table (yellow speed camera logo (edited: button colour is now blue) top left of every page) the Safety Camera Database is compatible with Mobile XT, however i'm not sure if you can use Camera Manager with XT. I can't see why not because the files CM exports are just used by POILoader to make the POI.GPI file and it can handle both csv and gpx files.

Ash10 or another Mobile XT user might have to confirm.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - works on Mobile XT - at least on my Nokia 6110.

Just copy the POI.gpi file onto your phone's card and it should work. Voices work also - seems to automatically turn on the loudspeaker mode of the 'phone - suprisingly audible even at speed. Running it with an old copy of UK&I V9 that had a second unit unlock feature when it arrived with my wife's 310. Didn't get a disc with my 660 and CNV9NT Confused I think this may be due to the fact my wife's unit was 'reconditioned'.

It's no use for in-car navigation as the screen is too small to see and lack of touch screen seriously hampers useability whilst driving. Also UK mobile 'phone laws would probably get you into trouble eventually. However - very useful on-foot in unfamiliar towns/cities.
chris_ah1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys.

** after people's consideration of mobileXT I would say I'm more positive about it than you phil.
TBH I set a destination if necessary before I start and never touch the phone. Auto zoom is great. Recalculation is incredibly fast.
Plus the screen is good enough for limited views of general area and what is coming next - especially with 3d auto zoom.

I must admit I was impressed - plus the format of the phone screen is a pretty good ratio for seeing what's ahead. I've only used navigation once - I use it more to just see alternatives around me and knowing precisely where I am.

I haven't had to touch the phone so far. So far I am very impressed with MobileXT and I can't fully agree that it is useless for car navigation. **

But you are right using it on foot in foreign cities will be awesome.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - perhaps I worded it a bit strongly!

I personally find it much more fiddly than using my in-car nuvi 660. But to be honest I've only tried once when driving. I'ver used it in a mates car for a couple of trips upto Scotland. He has built in Honda nav system without speed cams - we were using he phone as a camera warning system!

Interestingly the Honda ETA was way more accurate than the GARMIN. The GARMIN correctly predicted the elapsed driving time but the Honda seemed to take into account stops. When we set off it predicted an arrival time 5hrs 15mins in the future. The GARMIN was just over 4 hours.

In the event we arrived within 5 mins of the Honda's initial ETA (set before we had actually started moving) BUT the actual driving time was very close to the GARMIN predicted "ETA". My mate says his sat nav does this all the time. perhaps it's built in?

Also it showed up a difficulty with the Honda system. We were travelling to a small Scottish yacht marina called Craobh Haven. The Honda had a terrible time finding this - it wasn't in the database it would appear. The GARMIN found it easily. We then programmed the Honda to the nearest town and panned the map until we got to the location.

Both systems had the unclassified road to the marina in the wrong position!

Another apology - I've just gone off topic. Embarassed
djben9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys....so much to read!!! but worth it!! Very Happy

i cant download the latest manager as mine is out of date, the page keeps coming up 'page cannot be displayed' fromthe link in ash's messages Question
djben9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignore that, managed to get it to work now, really should look into voices as well, such a lot to tke in though

thanks again Ash Smile
BrianR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Not logged on Reply with quote

bondi699 wrote:
Hi Ash
Please help since downloading camera manager 2.6 I'm unable to update my Nuvi as camera manager keeps saying that I'm not logged on to pocket GPS world and so can not check for updates. Crying or Very sad

I have just downloaded Camera Manager and am having the same problem. Was this replied to, as I can't see anything? I have read through the previous 40+ pages and tried the early page 3 or so) remedy suggested of exiting, re-instaling even after a restart of teh computer, but the update still says I am not logged on yet I am, as I am able to write this message!

Help please. It looks like a very useful programme. BTW, I am using Vista. Is this relevant?

Brian
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using Internet Explorer?

Last edited by Darren on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrianR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Are you using Internet Explorer?

Darren

Yes, IE7.

Brian
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: International Speed Cameras Reply with quote

I have the last Ash Camera Manager and have a new Nuvi 765T. The latest camera POIs downloaded are only for the UK. How do I ensure I get all of the POI's included the internation ones?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It only covers the UK ones as far as i have seen.

To get the European ones you need to manually download the EURopean database and load it separately. You won't be able to make the same changes you can with Ash10s software to the EURopean database.

Please also read this thread on how to load both the UK (MPH) and EURopean (KPH) databases together.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
To get the European ones you need to manually download the EURopean database and load it separately. You won't be able to make the same changes you can with Ash10s software to the EURopean database.

you can also use CBROM's (http://cbrom.myby.co.uk) utility that will convert csv to gpx in much the same way as Ash10's but with the added benefit of using ANY csv files you want.

MaFt
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash

I was wondering if there is a way on your excellent program to alter the behaviour of the Gatso Cameras on the M25 and M42. When I approach the alert plays at whatever speed but the issue seems to be with the stop start nature of these Motorways that every pause in the journey, triggers a new alert. I have tried to get a balance between regular Gatsos and the variable ones but haven't found an ideal solution.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is there are 2 alert types. Approach and Overspeed. The Approach alert is triggered at any speed. I get the same when approaching certain junctions in heavy traffic with Red Light Cameras. Every time you move 10 feet you get another alert. This is the behaviour of the Nuvi.

The only solution i can think of is to use the option to seperate out the Approach and Overspeed data and then only load the Overspeed data. That way you'll only get alerts when Overspeed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 41 of 77

Jump to: