Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Home Updates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Home Updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: New Home Updates Reply with quote

I've just connected to Home for the first time in a week and have some strange downloads on offer: Map of GB and Republic of Ireland Version 660 (214.8 MB) and Postal Code File for UK Teleatlas Maps Version 603.

As I'm currently running map for Great Britain and Northern Ireland version 810.1870 on my 520, what's on offer seems a rather strange and retrograde 'upgrade'. Or am I missing something here? (Which could be more than likely!)

Anyone else getting anything like this?
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen that Falkirk has posted something similar so sorry if mine was duplicaton of the issue. Well it seems like it's TomTom's problem again.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home also just offered me the v660 UK_and_Eire map from my old Go300 and the v603 postcodes file to go with it.

Don't think I'll bother! Rolling Eyes
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least I've learned a lesson to be a lot more cautious in the future...I was that excited to see another map update so soon that I nearly hit the button to update without checking it out. What a near disaster!
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is frustrating. I'm hearing that other people are having success now with Home and mapshare updates but STILL left wondering here when the rubbish offered on my Home will be corrected. Not only am I being offered an old map and postcode file noted in above post but also RDS-TMC supplier data. But nothinig related to what I am running: v810 GB&ROI map.
karlak
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am not being offered any Mapshares, but am being offered

Norway, Finland, Swededn and Denmark Maps - Version 715.

I am in the UK and have currently map 810.1907 installed - Why would I want an older map of Scandinavia ???
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't try to make sense of it... it's just broken.
I'm being offered a v6 map I bought years ago.

The only problem is what happens when things DO get working properly again.
Either it will all burst into life without you changing anything OR you'll find that other people have started getting the updates and you still aren't - this has happened fairly frequently in the past.

I did a write-up on "How to force Mapshare downloads to start again" on another forum. It works.. but not if it is still not working at TomTom's end!
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a few mapshare updates today, so that's a good thing. Hope you get something through Andy as I see in other posts that it's still a problem for you.

Guess we and others are still being verson 6 maps as updates though!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard from another forum that TomTom were bringing MapShare back on line on a map-by -map basis, so last night I kept trying over and over again. Amazingly, I got a result at about half past ten! So TT have been working their techs over the weekend AND burning the midnight oil.

Since then, there has been a list published of what maps are now up and running.
See HERE for details (that's page 2 of quite an interesting topic)
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted a reply over tere as well for 'UK&ROI' v810.1870. Now getting corrections.
meryvn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am being offered a map, that i purchased in January but never downloaded (i purchased the 920 NA map just after TT closed the loophole, and couldn't install it on my 520) and got a refund for. So this map is no longer my map and i can't install it anyway but TT still offer me it!
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've submitted a query on it to TomTom and awaiting their reply with bated breath. (I see other threads opening on the same subject, so perhaps it's more widespread a phenomenon than I first expected).

This'll be my first experience testing out the efficacy of TomTom support; but as they haven't even been able to acknowledge/report the Home difficulities on their own site, I haven't been holding out much hope for them accepting that the problem exists.

Anyway, that's the pessimism out of the way. Fingers crossed and all that.
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well top marks to TomTom. They asked for some screen shots of what I was wrongly being offered on Home, agreeing it was a very odd phenomenon (strange because I'm not the only one - there are others on this forum alone who have had this issue) which I sent last night.

Anyway, logged on to Home tonight and lo and behold the offering of version 660 maps and its postcode file (suitable for a past TomTom Navigator rather than 520 Go) have at last gone from the update option. Whatever they did or whatever they tweaked, the did it. Hope others with the same issue have had the same resolution.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: