Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Rider 2 and Cardo Scala Rider Q2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Rider 2 and Cardo Scala Rider Q2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikecbrxx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Further problems Reply with quote

Hi all
I to bought the Q2 expecting it to be supported by my Rider 2. Thanks to the contributions in this thread, (Ariel and Redimix), I now have a paired Q2.

But, I've hit another problem, and thats with hands free calling on my paired phone.

The Phone is an i-mate JAMIN PDA running windows modile 5, so a little dated now. I setup voice dialling on it while playing with my original Scala headset supplied with the Rider 2 and it worked fine.

In some respects, it still does.....if I start the voicedial software manually, I can speak into the headset and the call is made. The problem is that to start the software from the headset doesn't work with the Q2. If you press the button on the headset, it just re-initialises the link to the Rider 2 and I get a route update.

I've emailed Ariel seperately but wondered if anyone has the same problem?

btw, this is a direct connection Q2 to Phone, not via the TomTom.

Lastly, a tip.....

If anyone needs to reset their tomtom to get the pairing working, and have some iteneries they want to keep, you can keep them by copying the folder 'itn' which is on the SD card in the relevent mapping folder (the name depends on the maps you have).

I didn't find a way to backup favorites or phonebook.....maybe someone else can.

cheers
mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Further problems Reply with quote

mikecbrxx wrote:
I didn't find a way to backup favourites or phonebook.....maybe someone else can.

Welcome to the forum Mike, I cannot help with the headset problems but for the backups:
Phone Book is stored in contacts/ contacts.txt
Favourites - go to your map folder and you want the "MapSettings.cfg" file as that contains your home location, POI warning configurations and the Favourites - Mike
mikecbrxx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Further problems Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome and the info on backing up the other items.

Just hope Ariel can come up with something. I only have 6 days before leaving on a 4 week bike trip round Scandanavia and the Baltic states. Woud really like to be able to make/take calls while riding as I will be in the sadle alot !

Cheers
Mike

mikealder wrote:
mikecbrxx wrote:
I didn't find a way to backup favourites or phonebook.....maybe someone else can.

Welcome to the forum Mike, I cannot help with the headset problems but for the backups:
Phone Book is stored in contacts/ contacts.txt
Favourites - go to your map folder and you want the "MapSettings.cfg" file as that contains your home location, POI warning configurations and the Favourites - Mike
BMWrider2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several trys I needed to get info from Cardo because Tom Tom had no fidea how to sync the Tom Tom Rider 2nd edition to the Cardo Scala Q2 head set. I got this info which worked great (reseting Tom Tom Rider to factory settings) BUT the volume on the Scala rider thqat came with the Tom Tom is low!

Thank you for contacting the Cardo Systems Support Center regarding our products. The Cardo team takes great pride in maintaining a "working" relationship with many of our customers, and a significant part of our product design has come about as a result of our ongoing dialogue with customers such as yourself. We therefore welcome your query and encourage you to continue talking to us in the future.

We have found this issue occurs on occasion using the TomTom Rider 2nd edition with a number of different Bluetooth headsets.

Please try the following procedure which should fix this issue:

1. Perform reset to Tom-Tom by pressing the pinhole button by the charging port in the TomTom device while the GPS device is still on. This will reboot the device.

2. Perform reset Intercom pairing to Q2

a. Place the scala-rider Q2 into Intercom Pairing mode following the instructions in the PRIMARY BUDDY PAIRING section above.

b. Once the Red Light begins flashing rapidly, press and hold Volume up for three seconds.

c. The Red and Blue Lights will flash five times, confirming that the Reset Pairing was successful.

3. Pair the Q2 to the TomTom again and test the connection. If the problem is not resolved yet, please proceed to the next step.

4. Perform full reset of TomTom to factory settings.

a. Please read about this in your TomTom’s manual, as you will need to backup the data you placed on your TomTom device.

b. Turn on the TomTom and go to the Change Preferences menu.

c. Go to Reset factory settings (Page 7 of 7).

d. Click Yes to proceed.

5. Once the reset is complete, perform reset Intercom pairing to Q2 (see instructions in step 2 above.)

6. Pair the Q2 to the TomTom again and test the connection.

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist with any other questions.

Best regards,

Cardo Systems Support

1-800-488-0363
rbrtrophy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up trying to use Bluetooth headsets on the bike, it is forever packing up and the quality is not good, Get yourself an Autoom and hardwire your Satnav phone etc better sound quality and it works every time!
cvandend
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the great help in this thread. I finally managed to connect my Q2 to TTR2 after I did a full system reset.

One thing I noticed though, I finally bound my Q2 to TTR2 and also the Q2 to an older Scala Rider, everything worked. I then went and bound my Q2 to my Nokia N78. But then the TTR2 connection stopped working and the only way to get it working again was to do another full system reset and start from the beginning again.

I would guess this is because both the N78 and TTR2 connect to the Q2 as headsets and there can only be one headset profile in use?

Chris
KTM-640-Dude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you should have paired your phone to the TomTom not the Q2. The calls etc are then routed through the GPS to Q2 Bluetooth connection.
Best regards,
Cliff
cvandend
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTM-640-Dude wrote:
I think that you should have paired your phone to the TomTom not the Q2. The calls etc are then routed through the GPS to Q2 Bluetooth connection.
Best regards,
Cliff

I was trying to do it this way because TTR2 does not support the N78 - it is not possible to get/make calls (the data for tomtom services does work).

Strange that the Q2 claims to be able to juggle all these things though. When it is paired with the N78, it even supports voice dialing. Too bad that it then drops the TT connection.
KTM-640-Dude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't technology wonderful? My phone has always worked fine with the Rider, (an old Sony Ericsson,) just changed it for an iPhone 3G, so it's still going to work fine isn't it?......... er, no. With this phone being all-singing-dancing I didn't even bother to check, but it doesn't support data services, so now I can't update speed cameras etc on the move. Not a major problem I know, but still annoying. Sad
Cliff
Oldbrags
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM Rider V1 and SCALA Q2 Reply with quote

After using an autocom for the passed two years and getting fed up with the cost of replacement items I finally took the plunge and purchased a pair of SCALA Q2 Blue tooth head sets. After a session in the front room with the wife both with our helmets on I was really pleased with my new purchase even though the kids could now not have new school uniforms or eat for a couple of weeks. Then I attempted to connect to my trusted Tomtom rider to enable me to be informed of the route and the perils of the yellow flashing boxes on the side of the road.

To my amazement the the TTR would not connect to the Q2. I searched the internet and found that many of you had gone down the same route. The end of my search came when a post led to instructions from the Cardo tech support with some instructions for connecting to the TTR2. My TTR is version one with all the updates applied and to my knowledge the software is the same as the V2. After trying to connect the device in many ways for three nights (couple of hours each night) I finally found the way to do it.

Please note that this is a TTR V1 and may not be the same as the V2 after resetting the Scala Q2 to the factory settings and wiping it of all pairing information by carring out the following procedure:

1. Reset the TTR using the foctory reset button.
2. When the TTR Reboots it will go through the set up. When the system goes to detect the headset switch on the Q2 and select the device pairing mode (flashing blue light).
3. The TTR will then find and pair with the TTR. I belive the numpty problem is that the TTR V1 will only Pair with one headset at a time.

There may be other variations of this but I was so chuffed that this worked I stopped there put on my helmet and called the wife.

Hope this helps someone.

Further tests show that I did not need to reset the Q2 just follow the headset manual and factory reset the TTR before pairing.
isandpauk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I heard problems with Q2 and TTR2 few days ago. As I am selling Cardo products in Estonia it was interesting and I took that problematic TTR2 for one evening test.

It turned out that yes, there are connection problems when Q2 is paired with some other device like mobile after it has been paired with TTR2.
It seemed to me that TTR2 expects some activity from Q2 during connecting and if Q2 was paired with some other device, this does not happen as Q2 connects only to the last paired device.
Pairing Q2 and TTR2 again fails - no services or something else not found. Probably because of some conflict in TTR2 as it has been paired with the same device already.

The funny thing is that there is no such problem with Cardo Rider. I paired it with mobile and it still connected to TTR2 (when mobile was turned off).

Workaround - reload factory defaults on TTR2 and pair it with Q2 again. It worked for me and I did not have to reset intercom connections on Q2. Factory defaults button is on the last page of settings menu. Lets hope that TomTom makes proper Bluetooth device handling interface soon which could allow proper erasing of devices etc.

If any guestions related to Cardo products you may ask via email: info[at]vajalik[dot]ee

Isand Pauk
goslower
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: scala rider Q2 v tomtom rider second edition Reply with quote

I have the same problem and very helpful fixes outlined above don’t work.

I have tomtom rider second edition (Europe) (TTRV2). It came with the excellent, simple, mono, no radio, Cardo scala-rider headset.

That worked so well and so neatly that i wasted my money going for the upgrade. I bought the scala-riderQ2 mulitset (Q2). The box it comes in is lovely.

I can pair the Q2 to the TTRV2 or the mobile phone, but not both at once. I have a Sony Ericsson C902 and when I try to pair the three together, the Sony Ericsson just goes crazy, flicking itself from connexion to the TTRV2 then to the Q2 then disconnecting and trying again.

End result = no working connexion either way. I get no working connexion between the TTRV2 and the Q2 and none to the phone. I think that it’s the phone.

I tried about 60 times to do the reconnexion thing. It does not allow 2 minutes to do the pairing – it’s only one minute 12 seconds. Nothing worked. I then did about four or five factory resets – nothing worked. Back in the box.

It may interest you to know that I then returned to the ordinary scala rider headset unit mounted on the double earpiece helmet mounting that comes with the Q2. That works perfectly every time so that I do have the desired three way connexion between TTRV2 and Q2 and the phone. I don't have the radio and i can’t talk to my mate in the next town, but who cares?

BTW, I wish that Ariel Lifschitz (or anyone at Cardo come to that) would reply to me. I have sent 5 emails (four from outlook and one off their website contact point) but no reply not even an acknowledgement.
isandpauk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goslower, you must connect Q2 to GPS as wireless headset
and mobile ALSO to GPS as mobile. Q2 is not ment to use in such way you are trying to use it.
goslower
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done that isandpauk, but only thirty assorted times so far.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'not meant to use in such way'. the advertising and the manual clearly offer all services including those that I have listed in my first posting on this site, and not obtained.

even the reply from the man at support who won't reply to me says so.

goslower
isandpauk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ment that you can pair Q2 with only one device at the time. I understood that you tried to get it working by pairing Q2 first with both mobile and then also with GPS. In such case Q2 will work as you may expect - with last paired device.

If you want to get all 3 devices working, first delete from mobile connection to Q2, so that it will not connect to Q2. Then reload factory defaults to make GPS forget that it was once paired with Rider. During setup after loading defaults, when asked, put Q2 into pairing mode - note that procedure differs from Rider.
You have to turn Q2 on, when it goes to standby - blue light slowly blinking, press and hold control button. First it blinks 3 times like turning off, few seconds of holding more, it goes to pairing mode - red/blue flashing.
Keep your mobiles bluetooth off during this procedure, just in case.
Now you should have Q2 paired and working with your Q2. After this find in settings menu place where to connect mobile. Proceed as instructed, make your mobile visible, search, connect, enter code. should be all what is neccessary.

BTW - if you suspect its the phones fault, borrow different phone for few moments and test it. piece of cake :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: