Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Active 10 Care Service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Active 10 Care Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluewomble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Satmap Active 10 Care Service Reply with quote

Has anyone used the care service?

My inner screen is pretty scratched, so I was thinking of getting it replaced... I think I'll put a PDA stlye screen protector on it as well as the normal replaceable screen...
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Satmap Active 10 Care Service Reply with quote

bluewomble wrote:
Has anyone used the care service?

No...never heard of it.
bluewomble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was mentioned in their email update to registered users on the 29th August:

Quote:

Aside from the warranty repairs service which Satmap operates we have also launched the Active 10 Care Service giving you the option to keep your Active 10 in perfect condition. The Satmap Care Service includes inner screen replacement at £40 and general maintenance, reconditioning and software upgrades¹ at £25.

Contact the Tech Team on 0845 873 0101 or info@satmap.com for more information.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give them a ring and discuss the options as you will need to sort out postage (recorded/insured etc) but they are a great bunch to deal with, very proactive and helpful - Mike
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll call them as well. I've been on their email list since last December, but I've never had a thing.
bluewomble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
I think I'll call them as well. I've been on their email list since last December, but I've never had a thing.

Hmmmmm, that's disappointing.

I've included the full email below, for those that didn;t get it... it's the first and only email I've ever received from them...

Quote:

Customer Update - September 2008
New London A-Z Mapping Launched

We're pleased to announce a partnership with the highly respected AZ mapping which enables us to offer you this fantastic mapping for your Active 10. AZ is great for urban navigation - perfect for cyclists who are looking for a short cut and for walkers exploring the beautiful parks.

Satmap has just released London A-Z for the Active 10. It covers a generous area of Greater London (everywhere inside the M25) and is available online at satmap.com for £60. Click here to order and to find out more.

Scottish Counties at 1:25K Now Available

We are delighted to say the 1:25k coverage for Great Britain is now complete with the addition of 21 new 1:25k maps covering the whole of Scotland. These new maps open up this inspiring and unspoilt landscape to walkers, cyclists and naturalists. Having the detail of the OS Explorer mapping on a GPS offers safety and security of location in some of the most remote areas of the British Isles.

Click here to view the new Scottish map titles which are listed alphabetically under 1:25k counties.

The 21 new Scottish maps are:

Aberdeenshire; Angus & Deeside; Argyll & Bute (North); Argyll & Bute (South); Ayrshire; Borders; Caithness & John O'Groats; Dumfries & Galloway (West); Dumfries & Galloway (East); East Inverness-shire; Glasgow & Stirling; Kyle of Lochalsh & Fort William; Lothian & Fife; Moray & Speyside; Orkney & Shetland Islands; Perth & Kinross (North); Perth & Kinross (South); South Lanarkshire; Sutherland & Cape Wrath; Skye & Outer Hebrides; Wester Ross.
Site-centred Mapping Areas Extended

Due to the overwhelming success of our Site-centred mapping service, coupled with the capability to support high capacity SD cards (SDHC), we are now able to offer an extended range of Site-centred maps. For cyclists and walkers who cover a large area, you can now buy Site-centred maps from 30 km by 30km right up to 110km by 110km.

Site-centred maps cost from £55 and can be ordered online. Get the exact area you need, centred where you want it, by clicking here.
SD Card Consolidation

With the latest software (version 1.2) you now have the option to consolidate a number of Active 10 map cards onto one and still enjoy the same rapid pan and zoom performance. Consolidating cards will mean you will always have your maps to hand when you're out and about and you only need to worry about keeping track of one card.

The map consolidation service costs £15. Contact the Map Makers at Satmap on 0845 873 0101 or sales@satmap.com to find out more.

Aside from the warranty repairs service which Satmap operates we have also launched the Active 10 Care Service giving you the option to keep your Active 10 in perfect condition. The Satmap Care Service includes inner screen replacement at £40 and general maintenance, reconditioning and software upgrades¹ at £25.

Contact the Tech Team on 0845 873 0101 or info@satmap.com for more information.

Kind regards,

The Team at Satmap

Note 1: Satmap software upgrades are offered free to all customers but for those who need help implementing these, you can contact our Tech Team who will do the upgrade as part of a general maintenance service.

P.S. We hope this email has been of interest but if you would prefer not to receive future information about Satmap Systems special offers and product news then please click the unsubscribe button below.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that....appreciated. Despite the 'non appearance' in my inbox, I have to say that on the phone I have found them to be more than helpful. My 'toggle' has come adrift...they received my Active10 this morning...back in the post to me this afternoon...no charge, but then perhaps they regard it as warranty as apposed to fair wear and tear, when I would have been happy to pay.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: OT Reply with quote

ps Mike....and your new toy is....?
'New toy soon - ByeBye HTC.'
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to try the MWg Zinc-II which I posted some information on Here But since then I have also been sent a Motorola Q9h Smartphone to play with, so The MWg is confined to secondary use at the moment. I quite fancy the Google Android based device next by T-Mobile when it launches later this year so it will be back to HTC I guess.

Returning to the topic though, when I broke the AA battery carrier for my Active10 I phoned them up wanting to purchase a replacement part only to be told "No problems we will put one in the post" 1st class service and probably second to no other - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: