Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aldi Bundle - A word of caution
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aldi Bundle - A word of caution
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ixion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Earth Dweller any chance you could give me simple instructions to get the speed cameras working please.
Earthdweller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errm right.

First install (and register) POI-Warner to your PDA. This is the program that monitors where you are on the map and whats coming up(i.e. speedcameras)

The free speedcam database is downloadable from this site. Follow the link off the Home page Download the pocketgps_uk_sc.zip file and unzip it to anywhere. The files are in tomtom format (*ov2) so need converting.

Download poi-edit and install it to your PC. Open poiedit and convert the pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2 file to pocketgps_uk_sc.asc format. Its on the top menue bar (Tools/batch convert)

With your PDA docked to your PC with activesync open explore and copy the pocketgps_uk_sc.asc file from your PC to the M.Schwartzkopf'sPOIWarnerMN-edition/pois folderon your PDA.
Also copy over the pocketgps_uk_sc.bmp picture file which draws a little speed camera icon on your PDA map.

Next time you run POI-Warner on your PDA you will find the speedcameras listed in the POI-Manager/POI-settings/overlaysettings list.

Phew I hope that makes sense!

Good luck, Simon
elevonic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I've carried out the above, installed warner,downloaded and converted the speed cams from this site, and now have a strange problem. The set up detects the cams on my route, but only shows a green red countdown bar at the bottom of the nav screen. No icon, and no warning sound. I've installed the icon, and have tried various zoom options,sound files etc, but with no joy. Also in warner I cant get it to play a sound file when selecting a sound to associate with the camera warning. Strange but true, any ideas? Thanks in advance.
xebo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I bought my Medion PDA last week and everything works well, just downloaded the POI-Warner as described above, everything worked first time!
Very impressed, keep up the good work!
:D
micky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: which one to buy? Reply with quote

hi people,
I must buy a gps but the problem is which one to buy? I have read read and read about many. ranging from ipaqs to jornada to mitac mio 168 and now this aldi/halfords medion thing.
Please i need advice. Crying or Very sad
BBB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah noo
nah noo ?
Mattyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Hi there, Have read all about Aldi bundle and have decided that its for me, but can I find them anywhere????
I have tried nearest store to me but wernt any help. Cannot get phone numbers to other branches to check stock, cant even email Aldi to get advice. So fustrating!!!!
If anyone has any info regarding whether they are still available and any stores with stock I'd be realy grateful. Thumbs Up
philip4242
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're going to be completely out of luck, Mattyboy !

When I went back to the store I bought mine from (the story is in another thread !), the manager was telling me that even he missed out on one, as he assumed he'd be able to get one from one of the Scottish stores, who don't usually sell all their allocation - but they did !!

So I doubt whether you'll have any success !! But good luck !!!

Philip

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: