Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Wishlist - Deprecated (pre v.1400)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Wishlist - Deprecated (pre v.1400)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PreshawPete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Freezing! Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
I don't like the flimsy nature of the Li-ion battery connections. The wires are very fragile ... mine has had to be replaced once, despite taking great care removing/replacing, which you have to on occasion when it freezes up.

I'd like mine not to freeze-up in the middle of a trip! Surely this shouldn't happen with a finished product?
lxm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertharvey wrote:
Somebody has alread mentioned this but a bearing compass overlaid onto the map, or corner would be very useful

You do know, don't you, that you can have a compass bearing in the data box? In options, setting, select "2 box data layout" (or one of the "4 box data layout" options) and select "compass" and, voila!
Pete_Midd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a heading option but not compass, is that what you mean?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a compass selection available on the data box options, what version of software is loaded to your active10?
Choose Settings/ About to view this information the latest public release software is version 1,6 (as of 26/05/08 - Mike
Pete_Midd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I've loaded the latest 1.18 beta version which looks like it was a mistake? Don't know how to go back either!
drpeej
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am copying these comments that I put in another thread as this thread relates to wishlist items.

I have a few minor wishlist additions which would make the use of the unit easier for the cyclist.

1) I would like to able to change the zoom steps. It would be really useful to be able to swich from a detailed OS view to a larger scale route planning view with a single button press as its difficult to zoom easily on the move

2) It would be nice to be able to change the colour of the route and crumb trail as these got a bit lost at times. The route can be confused with a minor road as the colour is similar.

3) It would be nice to be able to hide/show the route with a single button press as it obscures details at times.

4) It would be useful to be able to switch off the screen to save battery power but leave the unit running. This can only be done through the settings menu as far as I can see

5) When I change the settings, are these meant to persist through a power off/on? They seem to get lost and need resetting each time

6) The only glitch I experienced was when I found my route going into whitespace with no map shown. This was well within the margins of my map but the OS map seemed to come to an end. The only thing that fixed this was switching the machine off and on again. This happened to me twice.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am not repeating a previous request but I don't recall it and this is an idea I keep coming back to.

Could there be an option to show a scale on the map screen?
- Given the variable zooming I can never be quite sure how far something is away without moving the cursor over it.
Satsync 1.525
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see the POI option displayed either alphabetically or numerically, not just added on to as a running list.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a QWERTY keyboard option.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to convert between map and gpx file format without using the A10 and ideally in batch mode.

Also to have a name stay on a file and be visible when moving/importing it onto the A10. It a pain having to rename an apparently unnamed file after every move.
Satsync 1.525
StrangelyBrown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be good if it was possible to configure how far up the screen the device plots your position in Trail Up mode - currently your position is always shown at the screen centre.

I use my Satmap mainly for cycling and at high zoom levels, which I use often on tricky off-road trails, it would be nice to have more warning of what is coming up by showing my current position nearer the bottom of the screen with more of the trail ahead visible.

And could it also cook me a nice dinner for when I've fininshed riding - ta.
em194543
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be good to have the ETA to next waypoint and finish, based upon the actual speed as detected from the GPS, rather than being based upon the manually set speed in the settings.

This is annoying if you swap between foot use and bike use, as you have to keep changing the settings.. and even then it's not acurate, as it's unlikey you will be doing exactly the speed you've manually chosen

Confused
rog62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drpeej wrote:
2) It would be nice to be able to change the colour of the route and crumb trail as these got a bit lost at times. The route can be confused with a minor road as the colour is similar.

3) It would be nice to be able to hide/show the route with a single button press as it obscures details at times.

4) It would be useful to be able to switch off the screen to save battery power but leave the unit running. This can only be done through the settings menu as far as I can see

Just used my Satmap for 3 days mountain biking where I pre-loaded a route to follow - I would echo the above points - particulaly point 3 where it would be useful to obscure the track for the duration of a button push.

An additional useful feature would be to be able to see the distance/ascent from/to start/finish at any point along an activated route. I have e:mailed Satmap with these suggestions.
coppo23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Feature wishlist for v1.200 active 10 Reply with quote

I have had an active 10 for about a week now and really like it so far. Used on one road bike ride and about 3 walks. Typical use will be 25% walking and 75% bike (offroad MTB mostly). I know some of these are repeated on this post - this is my view after a few hours with the device. I'll probably add some more when I get out on the MTB and use it 'properly'.

Software Feature suggestions Scale S1 really urgently needed, S10 Would be nice if you have lots of time spare!
1) Added 12/11/08 S1 Your are here nearer the bottom of the screen on trail up - to give more warning ahead when cycling
2) Added 12/11/08 S1 Far Too easy to flip into planning mode
3) Added 12/11/08 S2 Warning if you click the off button. Too easy to turn off by accident.
4) Added 12/11/08 S2 More control over low power mode. Eg set trail up update rates, possibly even have every 10 secs plus on button press type option
5) Added 12/11/08 S2 Zoom is very irritating and very slow when planning. Needs more options to limit jumping to & from maps of different scale. Needs option to smooth scroll or jump.
6) Added 12/11/08 S2 Is search facility using the road map possible. Eg go to Ilkley? Otherwise it is very slow in planning unless you have a paper map to look up os coords.
7) Added 12/11/08 S9 Profiles to group settings together would be very useful. In my case Walking, Cycling, MTBing. All settings to be included in the profiles - even power modes.
8) Added 12/11/08 S2 Quick way of turning on backlight for quick look. Almost impossible on bike with gloves on.
9) Added 23/11/08. Make the speed now box have some averaging so as to be useful - it is TOO jumpy to be any use
10) Added 23/11/08. Quick way of entering sleep mode to save battery life without having to actually turn it off
11) Added 23/11/08. Home position or last known position option on power up in planning. It is so annoying that it always goes to the centre of Glasgow on my map (north half GB)

Do Satmap pick up things from here or should I email them seperately?
23/11/08 I have emailed these to satmap and received an acknowledgment.

Cheers
Coppo

Last edited by coppo23 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be handy if geocaches could be downloaded from geocaching.com direct to the A10 as you can with the Garmin.

Entering each cache and naming by hand is a bit laborious.

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: