Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 720 & Blackberry 8800
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 720 & Blackberry 8800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
red24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: TT 720 & Blackberry 8800 Reply with quote

Seem to be going round in circles with this one. My TT is not compatible with my BB, it was initially and since stopped connecting, Tom Tom do not support his model!!

I've got the chance to upgrade my phone, although I have no problem whatsoever with the 8800. Just thought if I could have another BB that would be compatible with the TT, I could then have access to the TT services that I have suscribed to but can't use.

The TT website says my model is only compatible with the 8100 and this only gives hands free access.
Question I am asking really is, does anyone use another model BB with a Tom Tom, it appears that Tom Tom is a little behind with their compatibility.
red24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone??
RichardJB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help with the 8800 - though I did manage to get ALL the services working on an 8100 with a 720 (eventually!)

The 8100 had to have a specific version of firmware put on it - can't recall the specifics but it was only this version that had 'tethering enabled' - possibly the same issue on the 8800. You need this in order for tomtom to be able to use the data link, though hands free doesn't need it.

Additionally you need to go to Options\Advanced options\TCP and add the correct APN, username and password for your network.

Finally - I'm on orange but still didn't get it to work, so tried ORANGE WAP when binding and that worked... the normal contract option didn't.

(on the off chance anyone is still awake at this point, the firmware that works for the 8100\Tomtom is 8100M_PBr4.2.1_rel102_PL2.3.0.57_A4.2.1.66_TIM_Italy.exe - yes that is TMOBILE Italy, on an orange UK phone, but hey ho.... as long as you remove the vendor specific file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml after install but before connecting the phone its fine....(but don't blame me!!))

Cheers

Rich
red24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I'll give it a try, got nothing to lose on the 8100, don't use it for anything else.
I only got it to see if it would work with Traffic, which I subscribed to and can't use, I'm also with Orange so might be successful, we'll see.
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi red24
Your question is one that only blackberry owners can answer which leaves people like me unable to help. However, with luck the advice that RichardJB has given you may help. It will be interesting to see.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: