Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HIRSCHMANN GPS9 18 V FLEX Aerial Query ?Mike Alder
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HIRSCHMANN GPS9 18 V FLEX Aerial Query ?Mike Alder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: HIRSCHMANN GPS9 18 V FLEX Aerial Query ?Mike Alder Reply with quote

I've an unusual query re the above arial. I'd like to fit one of these, but I need to know how flexible they are. I've only got about 4" clearence on toll booths I use a couple of times a month, and wondered if it was flexible enough to allow for this.

Many thanks

Malcolm
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't without taking the removable portion off the base, I have just been out to the car and tried bending the aerial down to 90 degrees and it is flexible, but the rigid portion leaves around 4" sticking up above the roof line so you might be ok but constantly hitting it wouldn't do the costly aerial much good - Mike
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply Mike. I'll have to have another think about this, and try to measure it exactly. The last couple of times I've been coming through the Calais peage when it's quiet at night they've had the hight barrier open! The latest Libre-T booths at the Paris end of the A1 allow you to drive through at 30kph! As you say it wouldn't do the ariell a lot of good.

Just out of interest, if I fit two convential fibreglass angled whip ariels, one for TMC and one for the radio, do you know how far apart would they have to be to avoid any possible degradation of the signals?

Malcolm
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two aerials can be as close together as you like they won't cause interference, if all you want is an extra aeial for the RDS feed consider the mini scan or sky scan from Maplins both of these work very well. The sky scan would probably take the barrier out though if you didn't remove it first - plus point is both types are mag mount so easy to remove - Mike
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the drawing board then, I'm not brave enough to stick a skyscan on the roof Very Happy I think I'll wait until I get a working TMC system now.

Thanks for your advice though.

Malcolm

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: