Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navevo launch SatNav for HGV / Van Drivers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navevo launch SatNav for HGV / Van Drivers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be receiving one of the first review units very soon.
Bigtrain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Review units Reply with quote

Dont get your hopes up because you will be disappointed!

I bought a Pronav and took it back to Maplin thinking it was broken. But the exchange unit I got is just the same.

For a start the 3D images all over the box and this forum do not work. All you get is 2D north at top. 3D is supposed to be the default view but even if you sellect it in set up or the options screen during 'drive' it wont do it. No little picture of a truck either just a flat blue arrow.

The postcode search is dire. Instead of giving alternative near matches with road names it will just offer the closest matching postcode. As any transport office will always give you at least one digit wrong in any address this makes the postcode search useless.

The routing is also appalling. I was going somewhere in north essex up the A12. Pronav took me off that road at Witham and straight back onto it again at the same junction. It also thinks parts of the M2 are "no trucks allowed" and will try to route you around them!
7.5 T limits are fair game too!

The infomation boxes at the sides of the screen are too small to see unless you lean right over the steering wheel. The unit is so quiet you need all windows closed and the radio off plus leaning right over the steering wheel to hear it!
It always thinks it's just after 12.00 am so time of arrival and stuff would be pointless even if you could see it.
(If it cant even store the time how's it going to do points of interest ? Nothing in recent destinations either!)

The windscreen mount and unit its self have a cheap and primative look and feel to them. I bought a tomtom 520 6 months ago and it is such a polished product in comparison. If only it had a "Prefer Main" roads option that actually worked there would be no need for this piece of s*\t.

So, I still have to carry the tomtom around just for checking postcodes and addresses. Still have to cary maps around to check the routes. The Pronav is just pointless extra baggage and unfortunately it will have to go back - this time for a refund.

And finally the software update that came out on 10/7/08 is about as much use as the Pronav its self.
Six error messages "Cannot remove obsolete file: %s" followed by "Unable to open output file". Update cancelled. Evil or Very Mad
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are waiting for a test unit at the moment so I ll reserve judgement untill I've seen and used one

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Clarkmeister
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: ProNav Reply with quote

Unfortunately have to agree with 'Big Train' thought that Pronav was going to be the answers to my prayers but it was truely dreadful. He is not exagerating in the least when he tells you how bad it is, I too thought it was faulty. Poor routing, really slow to get sat lock, really slow in calculating routes, the list goes on. Well it was half the price of anything else on the market but it is definitely a false economy. I also returned mine and bit the bullet and bought the Snooper Truckmate. I paid £350 for it in the end and so far so good. Not all of the UK is covered yet by Navteqs data but as and when the cover is increased Snooper are supposed to be offering free updates. Currently in areas that are covered there is an icon displayed so you know you are safe. It's not missed a beat so far, routing is good, alerts to hazards are good and you can use it with or without a route programmed. It's easy to use and unlike the ProNav I can highly recommend it - sorry ProNav but it's just not right. Also gives you speed limit alerts at speed cameras based on the class of vehicle you drive.
shaunieF
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: ProNav Reply with quote

Unfortunately I am another unhappy customer of ProNav. It is terrible. It reminds of some of the first sat nav units that were ever launched. Poor graphics (they don't look anything like the graphics on the release from ProNav below) poor routing, incredibly slow. The Snooper Truckmate is more expensive but a 100 times better.
GJH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just read on a motorhome forum that Maplins are out of stock of the Pronav throughout the business and their web site says it has been discontinued.

Pity. Hope the company can get it sorted.

Graham
dopey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i WAS going to buy one, any comments from ProNav? they seem to have gone a little quiet??

Had a look at Maplins, and they do have stock as from today, if you want to take a risk of buying this product, im steering clear of it and getting a Snooper, at least they work!!
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Just been for a look on ww.pronav.co.uk and most of the issues mentioned in their support section. Most are user error or fixed in a update you can download

Check it out http://www.pronav.co.uk/support.htm

One question remians unanswered why hasn't ProNav been on giving out these answers?

Anyway enjoy

Wayne

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder
dopey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update......and your right why hasn't he come back again? its a shame tbh, he seems like he was going to help, all feedback is positive, it helps them out, even when its negative, at least they know the faults and can put them right, customer service is everything
GJH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
we are waiting for a test unit at the moment so I ll reserve judgement untill I've seen and used one

Just wondering, in light of comments from WLMOATE and dopey about Pronav not coming back, was a test unit received?

Graham
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have yet to receive a test unit and tbh I'd forgotten about it but I'll chase them on this now.
dopey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i have decided to get one and give it a go, all the ones from Maplin are "B" grade ones (customer returns) so they have had a lot of them returned, for one reason or another, but i don't know why and wouldn't like to speculate on that (i was told its not because of any malfunction) at the end of the day, if im not happy with it, i can do the same and give it back for a refund
Road-Rat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: ProNav Reply with quote

DON'T BUY A 'B' GRADE !!! Wait.
I've had a test unit for a number of weeks. So far so good, but just like the Tom Tom, there are a few software issues, which are being addressed. I beta test there latest upgrades. However, I run it along side a TomTom 520T, and so far I havn't hit any bridges or gone down any dodgy roads.
dopey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i got one, and had problems with it, i loaded all the upgrades on it, i didn't test it out to be honest, but there seem to be software issues with it anyway, the graphics are very child like, like ^^ says, it seems to be well behind with looks etc, they don't make it easy, and there are not many features on it, i would go in to detail if pro were still here and would give him some feedback but it seems there not interested........so nether am i, suffice to say its not good, very basic heavy and slow, im getting a snooper, it seems t have a lot more going for it, and its not hard to use, and full of features
My recommendation? don't get one save your hard earned cash for something better, and it will make you happier
Road-Rat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: ProNav Reply with quote

Even your trusty Tom Tom has to have updates every few weeks and they have at it for a few years now. Ok, they are still ironing out the bugs, but I've just come around South London, without i hitch, so it can't be that bad. Tom Tom, would have had me on all the back roads and all sorts. Be patiant, and give it time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: