Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPAQ 314 and speedcams database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPAQ 314 and speedcams database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because every time you look in there and then disconnect, it re-reads the input files and adds to the existing ones. That's why you should always clear out the old files.
I think you should try the new nav.exe file again, choose Yes and w-a-i-t.

Good luck. Am away now for a few days.

Sal
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Have a nice time away. May have a go at that again.
Regards
Doug

PS Had another go - Started booting up, got the message - pressed yes - started booting - got the message and again and again etc etc. Wouldn't go any further.
So deleted it and renamed the old one.
Doug
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that you have a loop and iGo is trying to add new speedcams each time, when you're looking on it.
It's really strange :|
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Cracked it at last! Reply with quote

DONE IT!!!!! Downloaded that update file (1.8Gb) from HP and installed it. Now have 5 Mar 2008 version. Put the PGPSW files in the folder, reset and low and behold, now have a speedcam.spdb of 163Kb!
So it must have been the older version of the operating system that was stopping it. Even extra POI's i.e. Asda have been added. And the speed camera I passed shows in both directions, not just the one way as the inbuilt one did. Well worth it!
All that time wasted - not only mine but yours. Thanks to both of you for your time. Never been so happy to see some speed cameras!!! Sad, eh?
Doug

Last edited by dougproctor on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time was not wasted, as I think, if anybody esle have/will have similar problem.
I'm glad that it's working at last Smile
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Update it! Reply with quote

And what a difference - it's like having a new machine!! Speed cameras appear where they are supposed to be, 3D maps appear where they should be, the date doesn't change format on switching on/off - it's a whole different machine. New POI's added.
So if you are having trouble and your machine has software dated Nov 07, find out the Mar 08 upgrade and get it upgraded.
Doug
Very Happy
firebirdhasrisen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Warning audio files - where ? Reply with quote

Hi Sal

Thanks for info on changing audio files, but I am unable to find the files. Folder option is showing hidden files. Can you advise, Thanks.

Do you find your 2D map orientates different to 3D map. My 3D always
shows direction of travel central top, 2D like a moving map, so it pans left, right , up , down. Disconcerting when your pointer is travelling down
the screen. I take its like a moving map display, as I was coming back from Windermere to manchester.

Also if you touch a speed cam warning to silence it, it silences them completely untill you switch the warnings off and on again in the options.

Andrew
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew,
Sal is away for a few days.
Doug
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't resist getting one of these!! Less than a £100!! Got it all updated and working properly. Lots of info around on tweaking the menu, shame the skin changing/map colour is more limited than igo8. I added this little tweak which makes the full screen view more useable.
http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/EFM-Specter.zip
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Shame Reply with quote

You could have had mine for £85 delivered or even less if you live near Gosport/Portsmouth. As good as new!
Return your other one - you know it makes sense.....
Doug
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Warning audio files - where ? Reply with quote

firebirdhasrisen wrote:
Hi Sal
Thanks for info on changing audio files, but I am unable to find the files. Folder option is showing hidden files. Can you advise, Thanks.
Andrew

The sound and other interface files are all inside data.zip
Depending upon which file manager you use, you may be able to work inside the zipped file or you may have to unzip the whole bundle, edit the files and then zip it up again.
Some of the sound files are not obvious from their names, but you can play them all on your PC and recognise their function. I'm not entirely satisfied with my selection yet but will be having another go at it.

Sal
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought by your post above Doug that now its updated it was much better, or is it still giving problems? I've got used to tweaking Igo software now so doesn't bother me too much, it gives me a great display for not alot of money. Just need to sell my Mio for £60. I'm local to you.
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think it is 100% improved than when I bought it - it's just that I want a working Traffic module and this one has not! Well documented by myself on that one.
That would be the only reason for selling it - apart from that, I think it is very different to the usual TomTom.
Doug
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how much you have used a traffic receiver but having used one with my Garmin and a Tomtom 720 i had for a while i really didn't find it much use. I often find it tells you about events too late. A few times when i have followed it i've rapidly found that which ever way i go its busy because of the time of day and it doesn't cover many of the smaller road. You end up going the long way round and i'm often left wondering if i would have been better just sitting in the jam for a bit. I think alot of the time you'll know yourself when its going to be busy and to know to stay off the popular routes.
It certainly won't help you in and out of Gosport, nothings gonna help on that one, short of a tunnel under Pompey harbour or banning cars from Gosport!!!!
Using Gosport as an example, if the A32 is busy you'll either go Newgate lane or worst case out toward Stubbington, both longer, and it could be just as busy depending on time of day, so nothing saved.
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know our Gosport then! I live off Carisbrooke Road so know Newgate Lane (use the Adsa) and Stubb really quite well. Going to use it for out of this area where the coverage is a bit better.
Doug

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: