Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing Igo 2006 and getting Hardware iderror message
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing Igo 2006 and getting Hardware iderror message

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpsjustlookin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Installing Igo 2006 and getting Hardware iderror message Reply with quote

I have bought a copy of this product but upon inserting the card into my Medion 100 PDA I get the "Hardware iderror" message. Is there a way around this or is the problem related to the fact someone else has loaded it on their PDA and this has resulted in a file being written to the SD card?

Before you ask - yes it is a genuine copy bought only yesterday.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you made a copy of the SD card? That won't work, iGO needs the original card.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gpsjustlookin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
have you made a copy of the SD card? That won't work, iGO needs the original card.

No I know about the fact you have to use the original card so that is what I did.

I have tried 2 original cards and both came up with the same error

The software came in what appears to be legitimate sealed bubble pack (unbroken seal when arrived) and was from a genuine business seller.

If I have done a hard re-set am I right that that sends the machine back to the state where nothing on it should stop the installation process.

Many thanks for responding - those good folk at Nav N Go are not up to the quality of their product in replying to e-mails I have sent them (not just this problem but one related to TMC receivers for Igo 8
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gpsjustlookin wrote:

Seems like your Medion is not compatible with it.

At what point do you get the error, how far as the loading process gone.

I use iGO8 on a Medion 95000(Mio168 clone), which works just fine.

If you purchased 2 cards and they both do the same thing then I would send them back and ask for a full refund.
gpsjustlookin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[
Quote:
quote="Pocketgps"]
gpsjustlookin wrote:

Seems like your Medion is not compatible with it.

At what point do you get the error, how far as the loading process gone.

I use iGO8 on a Medion 95000(Mio168 clone), which works just fine.

If you purchased 2 cards and they both do the same thing then I would send them back and ask for a full refund.[/quote]

The message appears when the opening screem appears - the one with the large Igo badge over a European map. There are the words PHONE END in bottom right hand corner and the "HardwareIDerror" message is in the middle of the screen.

No I only purchased one but when the message first appeared I contacted the sellers and they sent me another software blister pack. They have been outstanding in service and I mean outstanding. I have no reason to believe they have any idea what is going on and unfortunately NavNGo are showing their usual lack of enthusiasm in replying to my e-mail.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have iGO 2006 Plus. This was pre-installed on a dedicated gps unit when purchased.

When it loads, which only takes about 8-10 seconds I see some messages down the bottom right of the screen. They go so quickly apart from the last one, which says Mainscreen Load that I cannot read what the others say.

Have you tried a hard reset (turning off the main power switch on the back of the unit). MAKE A FULL BACK-UP FIRST or you will loose all your data.

You could try installing by using the File Explorer and going to the sd card and finding the set-up file and clicking on it.

Sorry but cannot think of anything else.
gpsjustlookin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
I also have iGO 2006 Plus. This was pre-installed on a dedicated gps unit when purchased.

When it loads, which only takes about 8-10 seconds I see some messages down the bottom right of the screen. They go so quickly apart from the last one, which says Mainscreen Load that I cannot read what the others say.

Have you tried a hard reset (turning off the main power switch on the back of the unit). MAKE A FULL BACK-UP FIRST or you will loose all your data.

You could try installing by using the File Explorer and going to the sd card and finding the set-up file and clicking on it.

Sorry but cannot think of anything else.

Tried both your suggestions but no luck.

Thanks for your help anyway
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen this on the pdamill web site.

Quote:
I've updated my original iGO to the latest beta version, but I've got "HardwareIDerror". Unfortunately, some (web)shop sells illegal copies, which seem original. These copies won't work after the update.

That was posted by: bozi - iGO Team

Not saying the supplier you used is selling illegal copies, but that is the report you are getting.
gpsjustlookin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:

Quote:
I've updated my original iGO to the latest beta version, but I've got "HardwareIDerror". Unfortunately, some (web)shop sells illegal copies, which seem original. These copies won't work after the update.

Not saying the supplier you used is selling illegal copies, but that is the report you are getting.

Yes I've seen this item on PDAmill. It was a brief reply though and that is why I sent an e-mail to Igo/Navngo.

I've also looked on GPSpassion but there was nothing of help there (at least that I could understand)

Obviously I'm getting to the point of having to get back to the sellers but first I'm going to see what happens when I try to install it on a friends Mio 168

Once again thanks.
gpsjustlookin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:

Quote:

Pity Igo don't reply to e-mails!

Just to let you know it was all down to the fact that Igo 2006 cannot run on the Medion MDPNA100.

I had bought the Igo 2006 so that I could get the free up-grade download to Igo 8. It was looking like I was going to be out of luck.

Thankfully although I cannot run it on the Medion I have I do now have Igo 8 installed on the SD card. The software now reaches the Igo 8 opening screen and comes up with "INIT API" in bottom right hand corner, before coming to an abrupt full-stop.

Seems the HardwareIDerror comes up for errors other than illegal copies.

I do run GPS on an O2 XDA Orbit but cannot run the legitimate software on that because it only takes micro SD cards. Hope Igo bring out a copy on micro cards!

Thanks for your efforts to help me - I thought the least I owed you was this info.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gpsjustlookin wrote:
I do run GPS on an O2 XDA Orbit but cannot run the legitimate software on that because it only takes micro SD cards. Hope Igo bring out a copy on micro cards!
Thanks for your efforts to help me - I thought the least I owed you was this info.

As far as I know they only sell iGO 8 on MicroSD Card. It comes with the miniSD and SD adapters.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just answered on your other posting, if your medion is running win2003 then this is your likely problem, i belive the medion can be updated to win2003se if i remember, then this may clear your problem,
Double posting creates all sort of problems

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: