Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Qstarz announce ultra small BT GPS and BT GPS Dataloggers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Qstarz announce ultra small BT GPS and BT GPS Dataloggers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Qstarz announce ultra small BT GPS and BT GPS Dataloggers Reply with quote

Qstarz recently announced the addition of 2 new GPS devices to their product lineup. These are the BT-Q890 Bluetooth GPS receiver nano and the BT-Q1300 Bluetooth GPS Travel Recorder nano. (Now where have I heard the name nano used before... I recall it is a Unix text editor :D )

These devices are promoted as "Ultra beautiful! Ultra thin! Ultra portable!". Well in size they are quite small, measuring just 38mm x 62mm x 7mm and at just over 20g they are light as well, but the most interesting thing about these devices is that they will use the latest MTK GPS Chipset. This has a sensitivity level of -165dBm and 66 channels whereas the previous MTK GPS is -159dBm and 51 channels. This may not sound a lot but the measurement is based on a logarithmic scale so the -6 represents a very significant improvement in sensitivity.

Not only are these new devices small and sensitive, they also have a hint of style about them, gone are the bland black boxes. The new BT GPS devices have a stunning design on a nicely designed casing. It will be interesting to get my hands on one to determine what they feel like and more importantly what the extra sensitivity means in real life usage.

The new devices priced at £70 for the Datalogger nano and £50 for the BT GPS nano should be available now. In the UK the Qstarz products can be
purchased from SuperGPSTrader and in the USA from BuyGPSNow.

Qstarz Press Release wrote:

A NEW AGE FOR GPS; QSTARZ unveils “GPS nano” series.

Taipei, Taiwan, June 20, 2008

Ultra beautiful! Ultra thin! Ultra portable! GPS nano series are ultra unlike anything GPS else. QSTARZ, a global leading GPS brand today unveiled the most beautiful GPS in the world. The BT-Q1300 Travel Recorder nano, and BT-Q890 GPS Receiver nano are designed for mobility by its compact size. GPS nano series are coming on July 5, 2008. BT-Q1300 Launching price at £69.99, BT-Q890 at £49.99

So many features; So little space.
New MTK chipset - Adapt the latest MTK chipset (MTK3329), with the super sensitivity -165dBm and 66 channels.
eXtreme sport mode – Support 1-5 Hz update rate for higher accuracy of the demand of high speed racing Sport.
Cable GPS support - it can be connected to Laptop as USB GPS mouse.
Smart Power control - Auto On-Off function for smart power control
Slimmer battery, not performance – The battery size is slim then ever, and you can use it up to 12 hours.
Ultra Thin - 38mm x 62mm x 7mm.
Ultra portable - Only 21g

What else in BT-Q1300 GSP Travel Recorder nano?
POI button – One button pushed, you will record your favorite place.
4MB memory capacity – It allows you to record up to 200,000 waypoints. (*1)
Auto Log On-Off – Save as much as memory when GPS is not fix.
PC utility V3 – for power user, allowing you to further detailly configure the device.
PC utility V4 – for standard user, built-in Google Map and visualiztion UI for users to easily manage their travel
*1 The waypoints would be decreased when the more options of Log Format are selected

Why is GPS Travel Recorder?
With the BT-Q1300 nano, you will be able to record your path where you been to and show it on Google earth to share with your friends. In addition, you will easily manage your pictures with GPS data that makes you never forget where you took the pictures.

SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - just checked the Supergpstrader website and they are not available, even as a pre-order.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fired off an email to the SuperGPS guys asking what the situation is. The PR states 5th July for release to the public, but as we all know PR is not always reality (unless you are Apple and stockpile the goods for the release day...)
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the software with it is better than the Phototrakr I may consider getting one.
Just not clear how easy it is to geo-tag pictures with it.

The Phototrackr is really good, but feel that feature requests for the software are simply going ignored.
alienrider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just for info, according to the buygpsnow site:

"Availability:Coming soon...Due to a last minute production issue, QStarz were unable to release this product on schedule. Expected ship date is around end of July, 2008 (may be subject to further delays). We are very sorry for the inconvenience."

Link follows:

http://www.buygpsnow.com/Qstarz-BT-Q1300-Super-Slim-Nano-Bluetooth-GPS-Data-Logger-Travel-Recorder.aspx

EZ

AR
nycmlb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Just recieved my Qstarz BT-Q1300 Reply with quote

Just recieved my Qstarz BT-Q1300 from BuyGPSNow.com but unfortunately the setup disk was not included. Has anyone else run into this problem? Today is Saturday so I will probably not be able to resolve this until Monday.
fattybacon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Just recieved my Qstarz BT-Q1300 Reply with quote

nycmlb wrote:
Just recieved my Qstarz BT-Q1300 from BuyGPSNow.com but unfortunately the setup disk was not included. Has anyone else run into this problem? Today is Saturday so I will probably not be able to resolve this until Monday.

Did you get this sorted out? The setup disk has the activation code on the cover so it's pretty important. Or is it? I've installed the software on two machines and it asked me for the code both times and the second time I entered it it said it had already been registered. So, does the software work without the code, can the code be reused? Who knows.

Interestingly the software is version 4.2 which you can't download from the qstarz website. They don't even list the Q1300 Nano on their website.

Finally, since this is my first ever post and I don't want to be known as a blatherer, I was really impressed with BuyGPSNow.com - delivered from California to the UK in 3 days for only GBP67 - I'd like to see what price it goes on sale with the usual suspects over here, but I'll bet it will be more than that before postage and packing.
nycmlb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get a response from both BuyGPSNow.com and Qstarz. They both replied immediately. Qstarz emailed me the software and drivers and is sending me a copy of the disk.
fattybacon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Just recieved my Qstarz BT-Q1300 Reply with quote

fattybacon wrote:
I was really impressed with BuyGPSNow.com - delivered from California to the UK in 3 days for only GBP67 - I'd like to see what price it goes on sale with the usual suspects over here, but I'll bet it will be more than that before postage and packing.
Groan.. and then the invoice came from FedEx for another GBP22 for tax, import and handling. Oh well! Sad
ibraybrook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother with SuperGPStrader, I've sent emails to their enquiries line, via their feedback page and direct to named persons, who's details I got from Qstarz, so far no reply. Not very good practice, they obviuosly don't want to take my money off me!!
ibraybrook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE. when SuperGPStrader eventually replied, they redeemed themselves. They kept me up to date, notified me when stock was in and delivered it the next day. well done and thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: