Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - blaupunkt travelpilot lucca 3.4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

blaupunkt travelpilot lucca 3.4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenasgrass
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: blaupunkt travelpilot lucca 3.4 Reply with quote

hi all
I have bought a blaupunkt travelpilot lucca 3.4 and have searched the net to try to find some sort of guide as to how I add aditional maps speed cameras etc, reading through this forum im beggining to wish I had bought a tomtom but I didnt so I will have to make do. I bought it because on the box it said includes western europe cd, and as I am planning a trip from the uk to Italy I thought it would be ideal, so I bought a 4gb sdhc card and copied the file from the cd straight onto the sd card, but when I look at the card through windows explorer it says windows does not reconize the file format. any help would be welcome.
many thanks
Andy
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title changed to something more helpful.

Hi and welcome.

Quote:
I bought a 4gb sdhc card and copied the file from the cd straight onto the sd card,

Is this what the instructions said to do? What do / doesn't happen when you put the card in and switch on? What does the manual say?

Quote:
when I look at the card through windows explorer it says windows does not recognise the file format.

That might be normal. It just means it in a format the GPS device will recognise but Windows doesn't.
greenasgrass
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, i wasnt ignoring your reply, i just thought "beginner/advanced" you never know! ah well. anyway rang blaupunkt today and it turns out that their instructions for the luca 3.4 says it supports a 4gb sd card, when infact it doesnt 2gb is the limit so if anyone has a simillar problem try a 2gb card. i have tried a 2gb and the european maps load up fine from the card now.
so now i have another question, can i load poi info, other voices, etc onto the card from this site or do they have to be specific to blaupunkt?

again many thanks for your reply
andy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenasgrass wrote:
now i have another question, can i load poi info, other voices, etc onto the card from this site or do they have to be specific to blaupunkt?

It's quite possible, no one on the site has seen one of these, so you might have to do a bit of detective work yourself.
Can you find any reference to "third-party" or "custom" POIs anywhere in the manual or other documentation you have?
If so, does it mention a file format (.ov2, .csv etc.)?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC these run Navigon so you will need to buy and install a 3rd party utility to enable custom POI support. Take a look at POI-Warner here.
berliner57
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a 3.5 edition, the round one, managed to load the scdb speed camera database on to a SD card, also managed to include additional POI's on the card from POI handler. The file format sems to be ASC.

You also need to use Blaupunkt Assist to load onto a card.
greenasgrass
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: blaupunkt update Reply with quote

hi guys
thanks for all your comments, heres my adventures with a blaupunkt travel pilot lucca 3.4. i hope it helps someone in the future.

managed to get hold of blaupunkt technical in holland, and the reason i was having problems was that as per the instructions i was using a 4gd sd card, our friend in holland said.... oh sorry the instructions are wrong it only supports 2gb, ok loads the cd onto a 2gb card and hey presto western europe loads up, yipee. ok cheers pal so how do i load extra poi info? goto bpkt website,

............ 2 days later i managed to get hold of a tech guy in the uk, upshot the 3.4, unlike the 5.3 doesnt support extra poi, only speedcams for 30 euro a year, which i never wanted anyway, i dont speed hehe.

anyway once again thanks for your help guys, and i hope someone might find this and save themselves sometime.

best wishesjavascript:emoticon('Laughing')
Laughing
andy........ still greenasgrass

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: