Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - [v7] New PGPSW CoPilot 7 Camera Database Format!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

[v7] New PGPSW CoPilot 7 Camera Database Format!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikbol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Safety Camera Alerts Reply with quote

Hi MaFt,

Please can we have the option to download a single file of safety cameras for Copilot 7. The only way I can get the system to work properly, showing all cameras with speed limits as appropriate is to combine all the files and call it safetycam.csv so this would save me some time. It might be an idea to set the speed limit for red light cameras to 99mph or similar to help differentiate them from the rest.

All the best

Mike
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works fine on mine having them as consolidated by type but i can look at creating a single file set after the next release.

got a fw bigger fish to sort out first though!

MaFt
AndyRoss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I confirm that I also needed to combine all the files and rename to safetycam.cvs before the cameras worked correctly.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyRoss wrote:
Can I confirm that I also needed to combine all the files and rename to safetycam.cvs before the cameras worked correctly.

i'll try get one done for next release

MaFt
LandRocket
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: CoPilot 7 and CSVs Reply with quote

Not sure if this is of help to anybody, but I was messing about with CP7 this morning in an attempt to figure out why the alerts only seem to be occurring on the Gatso cameras.

What I discovered is that if you load any other POIs in CSV format (ie non camera CSVs) it appears to break the camera database.

I re-downloaded my extra POIs from the free POI database here, but instead asked for them in OV2 format, and loaded them AFTER putting on the CSV speedcams (ie put CSV cameras on, load CP, close CP, put on OV2 POIs, load CP)

I then asked CP7 for a route from my home address into the city centre, where I know there's at least 3 plotted mobile cameras. Certainly on the route demo, they all appeared, complete with speed warning.

Hoping this helps others

LR
AndyRoss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will the Single File Co-Pilot 7 cameras be released. It's a bit of a pain having to copy them into one file each time?

It's also mentioned in another post about trialling a file with headers? How is this going?

Thanks
DingleRoad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Co-Pilot 7 is driving me mad.

I've deleted all the AO files and downloaded the latest csv files to my desktop.

Then I've gone to storage/Copilot/EU/save and copied and pasted to this file the csv and bitmap files from PGPS world.

Then I've restarted CP 7 on my PDA. Now if I look in the save file again I see the AO files have returned ...is this correct ?

I've selected Safety camera alert enable at 500 yds but it seems very arbitary about which ones to warn me about !
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DingleRoad wrote:
The Co-Pilot 7 is driving me mad.

I've deleted all the AO files and downloaded the latest csv files to my desktop.

Then I've gone to storage/Copilot/EU/save and copied and pasted to this file the csv and bitmap files from PGPS world.

Then I've restarted CP 7 on my PDA. Now if I look in the save file again I see the AO files have returned ...is this correct ?

Yes. The CSV files are parsed and converted back into the AO files when you launch CP7

Quote:
I've selected Safety camera alert enable at 500 yds but it seems very arbitary about which ones to warn me about !

I have seen this as well. Sometimes it is because CP7 uses heading data which could be wrong in the database. Other times it is just CP7 being annoying and not aleritng correctly. I found the latest version of the application improves this considerably though.
DingleRoad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks very much SM.

Might seem a dumb question, but how do I check my latest application....on Co-Pilot central ??

I would quite like to get rid of all the POI's in CP 7 and use the PGPS world POI's is this possible ?

Many thanks
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In settings there is an 'about CoPilot' button. Clicking this shows a version numbers as well as info on the current maps and your product key.

TBH POI handling in CP is very poor. I'm not aware of a way to remove the built in ones fully, although you can selectively turn the reporting of them off from the POI menu in Settings.
AFAIK all user POIs are added Custom POI heading and the choice of icons is limited (you cannot easily use your own).

I sent ALK a suggestion to improve POI handling but they haven't even given me a response (I sent it over a month ago now)
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Safety Camera Alerts Reply with quote

Mikbol wrote:
Hi MaFt,

Please can we have the option to download a single file of safety cameras for Copilot 7.

now added - sorry for the delay!

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: