Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Sound via TH-Bury Car kits
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Sound via TH-Bury Car kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bailey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: TomTom Sound via TH-Bury Car kits Reply with quote

Hi I have a O2 stella running TomTom.
My company has installed a TH- Bury car kit which works great when when the phone is in its cradle and you are receiving calls (sound come out through car speakers etc.) However when you use the TomTom the sound does not work. Does anyone know how to get around this?
FJRFaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Parrot fitted in my car. I downloaded a piece of software caled 'acbtoggle' which allows you to play any audio from your phone through your bluetooth. Works well too

HTH

Matt
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar story, but different software.

I also have a Parrot and use BTMusic which enables devices with handsfree or headset profiles to pick up all sounds from your device not just the phone. It is free from http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-btmusic.html
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Bailey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt & Peter

Thanks for the comments. This is the type of solution I am looking for however my car kit is a wired one not bluetooth. When I make and receive phone calls the voice of the call is directed to the car's speakers (and mutes the raido) however when TomTom is on no sound comes from either the car speakers or the XDA's internal speaker. If possible I would like the TomTom voice to come out of the XDA's internal speaker. Will the software you are using allow me to do this?

Jason
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure the TH Bury uses wired communications between it and the phone. The ones that I have seen appear to be like my Parrot and use bluetooth to communicate between its control box and the phone. Its control box then communicates by wire with the car audio (via the phone input).

There is some discussion on this here http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/accessories/14822-jasjam-th-bury-car-kit.html (suddenly lost the ability to hyperlink!) which suggests that Bury kits work in that way.

If I am wrong on that I am sure others will correct me.

However if I am right then BTMusic should work, as it does with my Parrot. Why not give it a try - it is free, easy to load and can be removed.
Copilot for USA
Bailey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter

I have re checked and the car kit is a wired kit. My phone's blue tooth is not active. The cradle provides power to the phone as well. I understand that many PDA cradles made by THB are blue tooth, however the Stella is not. Were does this leave me with the program? Are there others that will solve the problem?? I think I may have to wait until the XDA Serran (HTC Touch pro) is out in a few months and hope the THB cradle works better.

It seems to be I when the phone copmes out that does everything I want it to do the car kit is not available and visa versa!! Confused
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but BTMusic only works on bluetooth connections AFAIK. Can't really help you but you could try putting a question on somehwere like the XDA developers forum at http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php

You could try asking TH-Bury or you could replace the car kit with a bluetooth one (nearly all of them are nowadays). If you replace it with one that has A2DP BT profile then you don't even need BTMusic - it should pick up all sounds from the phone.

I am not sure that changing the phone will make a lot of difference unless you change the car kit as well to a BT one - cheaper just to do the latter if you are happy with the phone.
Copilot for USA

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: