Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8 Upgrade for Older Devices Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Realistic. Two possible solutions from lamplight on page 22 of this thread
Quote:
I reported the same change in behaviour when trying to connect to Home after this update. I find that if I switch the device on and THEN insert it into the cradle, this forces the pc to recognise the device and I get the option to connect to pc. as per normal. Switching on before putting in cradle goes against the grain a bit, but it does the job and doesn't result in any corruption for me. However, I would still strongly counsel to switch off the device BEFORE 'un'-cradling
and
Quote:
Glad it worked Barry - but your post encouraged me to try things out - because it obviously wann't just me having the difficulty. So an important discovery here....

I removed my password, and now find I can dock as normal and then switch on and connect up as I used to be able to. (Just to test it out again, I went back to Home and reset the password and found it wouldn't connect again. So I removed password once again, and I'm connecting again.) So in my case, it is definitely the password/pin that is the problem/barrier to connection.

realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Calomax but still no joy
Stewart166
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I delayed installing 8.010 on my 720 until I had read every posting in this thread. I have now tried it and it has not been a complete success. ASR worked in the last version but has stopped working now - as others have found, the relevant icons are greyed out. Unlike other posters here I have not been able to get it working again. I have tried all of the following, in various combinations and permutations:

Downloading and installing new application through HOME
Downloading CAB file and manually installing using WinRAR
Copying "support_asr.dat" over manually from backup of previous install (although it was already there)
Software reset
Hardware reset
Extract the folders from the x30 CAB and the loose files from the x20 CAB

I have e-mailed TT support but on their previous performance I am not expecting a reply soon. Has anyone got any suggestions short of rolling back to 7.481? I actually use ASR so this is rather a disappointment.

Last edited by Stewart166 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
imp750
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stewart

I had the same problem. What i done was d/l the cab file for both the x30 and x20 from the links from the beginning of this topic and extracted the files and folders for the x30, copied and pasted all of them onto my 520, then extracted the x20 files and copied and pasted over just the loose files not the folders and it worked straight away.

TT support just kept telling me to re-install via home which did not work

Hope this helps.

Ian
Nigel42
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

After waiting for this new great 8.010, it has proved to be the same utter crap from TT.

1. 8.010 wont install untill i remove my SD card.
2. 8.010 has to be installed seperatly onto the SD Card
3. I Have lost the use of my TMC, nothing shows up!
4. Lost all of my favorites!!
5. Restore wont replace my favorites.
6. Car symbol reverts to default each time i turn on.
7. loading up takes ages

Oh and im not impressed
Stewart166
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imp750 wrote:
Hi Stewart

I had the same problem. What i done was d/l the cab file for both the x30 and x20 from the links from the beginning of this topic and extracted the files and folders for the x30, copied and pasted all of them onto my 520, then extracted the x20 files and copied and pasted over just the loose files not the folders and it worked straight away.

Hope this helps.

Ian

Thanks Ian - I've tried this and I'll just add it to the list of things that did not work. I find it bizarre that so many people have so many different results with what is supposed to be the same hardware and software. Some of the problems reported by others have not occurred with me either, and this was the same at previous upgrades. Other than sacrificing a cockerel at the full moon I'm not sure what else to try.

Stewart
Stewart166
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart166 wrote:

... Other than sacrificing a cockerel at the full moon I'm not sure what else to try.

OK - I may be onto something here. I recently updated my Australian map to v720 and realised that I had not used the ASR with it before updating the application. So maybe I was wrongly blaming 8.010.

Comparing the new 720 "Australia" folder with the backed up 715 version, I found a file called "cspeech_AUS.dat" in the old one which was not present in the new one. When I copied it into the new one the ASR icons were no longer greyed out! However when I try to use it it makes a rude noise and says "input not recognised".

I will raise this with Tomtom support and advise the result.

Are there any Australian users out there who have updated to map 720 and find they can use ASR?

Stewart
pimplebrain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felt brave at the weekend: Confused

Saturday afternoon - Backed up and loaded 720 with Ver 8.010
Saturday evening - Bought and loaded cheap UK & Ireland map v805.1801 (asked for version for TT730!)

Sunday morning - Drove from Norwich to Dover/Dover to Norwich

Tomtom 720 and map worked perfectly - all voices, mapshare, POIs, voice recognition, phone connection to Sony K660i and lane guidance!!

Not sure if IQ was operating.

Couldn't fault it! Does this mean I'm wierd? Rolling Eyes

Pimple
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it doesn't mean your wierd; But I'm just trying work out whether you're either brave, foolish or rich or a combination of all 3! Confused

What would you have done if you'd bought the v.8 maps and found that they didn't work with the 720 or the screwed the 720 up!

That would have been £60 or more down the tube!
pimplebrain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza:

All the signs are that most of the innards of the 720 are the same as the 730 and it's just the programming that's different.

Map cost me £40 (with Tomtom discounted price) and I'd made sure I did a full (non-Home) backup first!

Nothing gets discovered if we all stick to the safe route , but perhaps the couple of glasses of red had some influence on my Saturday night decision! Wink

Pimple
Stampy72
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody got any ideas when TomTom are going to release the V8 software for the TT One V2??

Am running the x20 software and the latest maps (v7.20??) on a spare card on my TT, and it works fine...

Although when you connect it to TT Home, you get the following message

"Error when contacting server: You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application."

If I click BACK - it lets me continue, and it will update the Map Share and QuickGPSFix fine...

Cheers
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pimplebrain
Well done. Like the SAS “he who dares, wins”
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stewart166
Yes it is strange how different users with identical devices get different results after downloading updates. How did I get on with my update? Well, it all went so easy I found the operation rather an anti-climax.
After downloading I put the 720 in the car and off I went. It switched on almost immediately and nothing had vanished or refused to work.
As I have all ready said, its a puzzle why the results vary.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor1234 wrote:
Hi pimplebrain
Well done. Like the SAS “he who dares, wins”

All very well for you to say that but the simple fact is he's now set a precedent in that someone else may well now read that remark and do exactly the same thing and then find that it doesn't work & it screws up their sat nav.

If you want to do it fine, but it should be kept firmly under wraps until such time that more checks & tests have been done on other TTG's to ensure that other people don't unnecessarily end up with very expensive bricks or waste their hard earned cash.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what the issue is? At worst (so long as you backup first) you'd have wasted the money spent on the v8 map, or you may have a map you can't use until TomTom allow it.

But as it is now (unless TomTom change things to prevent this) it works. Clearly this suggests that TomTom are simply holding back on making this official so as not to damage x30 sales.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 23 of 34

Jump to: