Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pocket GPS Summit 2004?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket GPS Summit 2004?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Pocket GPS Summit 2004? Reply with quote

Any chance of you thinking about holding a Pocket GPS Summit, some time this year? Smile

I was unable to attend last year’s one as it clashed with the agricultural Royal Show in July. So I’d be very interested in attending one this year, to look at other navigation software and hardware.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is we will be planning one, we just need to look at the logistics, e.g. venues, costs and sponsors.

What we're thinking of doing is holding more of an indoor conference type show in the New Forest (Hampshire). We have the technology now to demo all software in-doors with previously saved routes which means we can demo anything from Street Navigation to Topographical on the Pocket PC or PC.

We would also like to make it more of a conference where if GPS manufacturers are interested we bring them in to give some keynote speeches and get them to demo to everyone and perhaps offer some free prizes.

Nothing's been set in concrete and I have only just started to discuss this with a few members of the team, but it's something we would like to organise for this year.
matt_e
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. Am certainly interested whether up north or down South.
Matt
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Possible Summit Venue Reply with quote

Hi to all the Pocket GPS World team members. Smile

I originally posted this back in April just before you changed servers and, unfortunately, my original post was lost in the move. Crying or Very sad

I don't know if you are still thinking of 2004 summit venues, but if I may be so bold as to make a (probably impossible!) suggestion... Wink

My boyfriend and I recently enjoyed a weekend break at the Tortworth Court Four Pillars Hotel in Wooton-Under-Edge, Gloucestershire. Having been there before, we were as impressed by the location of the hotel as the premises itself.

One of the major attraction for a lot of people/businesses is the hotel's impressive conference and function facilities. Here is the link to the conference facilities page of the Tortworth Court Hotel website.

Another bonus is that if the summit were for a weekend like last time (Friday to Sunday), accomodation would be readily available on site.

The prices are available on request (ahem) so please feel free to laugh hysterically and dismiss this idea after emailing the hotel, however I thought I would just throw the idea in as a suggestion, that's all. Mr. Green Wink

Bo Peep.

Bo Peep.
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Tortworth Court Hotel Reply with quote

Forgot to say in my last post...

The other advantage of this location is that the POI file has already been created! Wink Mr. Green

Yay - my 100th post!! First

Bo Peep.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately due to server issues and other things taking up huge amounts of our time, we haven't been able to start organising something yet, and it is starting to get a little late in the day. We need to pull something together soon, or we could just go for summer bi-weekly meet ups, whichever people would prefer ?
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: To Summit or Not to Summit - That is the question... Reply with quote

Personally, I don't mind. I enjoyed the last meet-up very much and feel certain that future meets would be equally as successful.

As I (like a few others) missed out on the last summit due to previous engagements, it would be nice to be able to experience a weekend summit at some point (maybe later in the year or even next summer) but I fully understand that these things take a huge amount of organising and am aware that you guys all have other commitments.

Either option would suit me fine - I'm very easy to please! Mr. Green Mr. Green

* cough * * splutter *

Bo Peep.
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bo Peep

Now this is nothing to do with the forum but I couldn't help notice your post regarding Tortworth Court. I trust you had an enjoyable time, it's a lovely setting. Certainly an excellent venue for a summit. I don't live too far away from there and used to spend many happy hours fishing the lake. Happy

I like your comment regarding the Tariff, of course I suppose we might be able to get cheap accomodation next door (and I'm sure I don't need to say where that is). Joker

Next time you are in that area let me know we might be able to meet up. Question

Best wishes

alfieB

Navman iCN630

Navman N60i

Navman Mio S505

Navman Mio Spirit 695 LM

Mio Spirit 7670 LM Truck

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: