Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Forum Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Forum Problem Reply with quote

Hi,

Over the last couple of days I have been experiencing a problem logging onto the forum and wondered if anyone else had been having the same trouble? Question

When I click on 'Login' and enter my username and password and hit enter, I am immediately redirected back to the forum home page and it does not say that I am logged in. Occasionally my user name will be displayed at the bottom of the page under the 'Who is online' title, but sometimes even that is not there. Confused

Then, assuming I am logged in, I attempt to post a reply to a previous thread or start a new topic and get a half loaded page appear with just the title bars - nothing in the middle of the page - and the title bars are misaligned.

The trouble is, that when my user name IS displayed as being logged on but the text at the top of the page says that I'm not logged on, I have no way of 'logging off' then so that my name disappears from the 'Who is online' section of the forum home page. It's all very confusing! Rolling Eyes

It is quite hit and miss, as sometimes (like now) I am able to log on successfully and post a message. If other people are experiencing this too, hopefully it means that there's nothing wrong my end or I'm not doing anything wrong! Smile

Regards,

Bo Peep.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to try and delete the pocketgps cookie, and then restart your browser. That should help.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lutz,

I will give that a try. Thumbs Up

Regards,

Bo Peep.
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Lutz's suggestion about deleting the Pocket GPS World cookie (I actually deleted them all, cleared my internet history and cleaned the cache too, just to make sure Smile ) and although this seemed to help the pages load better, I was still shown as logged on even after I'd logged off and restarted my internet browser and I still had trouble logging on first time. Confused

I have noticed though that when I have signed on twice after midnight tonight (when there have been less people visiting the website), it has worked a lot better.

This is only something that has started to happen recently (over the last 2-3 days) so maybe it's something that will right itself as quickly as it started. I can't recall doing anything different to my PC or internet settings in this time period that could have caused this. 8O

Bo Peep.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bo Peep,

I tend to have similar issues so you are not alone.
Whenever I log out and the page reloads I am still shown as logged in I am not sure if this is normal But i would expect it to show mw as NOT logged in?

Generally this is not a problem as next time I visit I can log on as normal. But.... the problem I do have is when I don't log out... the next time I return any new posts are not highlighted so I potentially miss them as they are all shown as having been read. This can be quite annoying.

Whenever I have deleted all cookies, everything appears to be fine for a while then sometimes without warning the same thing happens again.

Maybe the answer is to clear out all cookies regularly??
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related issues??

I have attempted to update my profile but when I click submit, the page refreshes and I get a blank forum... no posts. I have to log out and log in to get all posts back and the profile is not changed?

Also I find that I am occasionally not mentioned in the Whos online even though I am logged in.

I'm begining to think this has to be more than a cookie issue at my end?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, there's no need to log out.

Blank forum pages are down to a corrupted cookie and you need to see which domain you are accessing the site form and delete the username@domain.

Be-aware that if you are using pocketgpsworld.com then switch to pocketgpsworld.com it's in a different physical realm and will get confused. It's best to keep with one domain, I always stick with pocketgpsworld.com and don't have a problem, but if I then switch to pocketgpsworld.com then I will have a problem as it's trying to intepret the different realm as the same site (as it physically is) but has a problem becaise cookies are only per realm (per domain) and cannot be used cross domains.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

What you are saying makes perfect sense. However, and this is the confusing bit, I only ever use pocketgpsworld.com to access the site and forums.

Just now I accessed my profile and altered it, clicked submit and again I got blank pages, this is after deleting all cookies, clearing out the cache etc... I had to log out then log back in again. As expected all unread posts were now shown as read.

Under normal conditions I cannot leave without logging out first otherwise on the next visit all posts are marked as read.

It's just something I have learned to live with.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case the only other way this would happen is if you're going through a proxy server at your ISP.

Nothing's changed on the site, and all sessions are dealt with at the client browser end.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: