Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Experience with R66 WM 8 on Samsung i780
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Experience with R66 WM 8 on Samsung i780

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Experience with R66 WM 8 on Samsung i780 Reply with quote

Hi,

Finally got round to installing over the weekend (31/5/08)

On launch it doesnt hang (compared to launching navigate 7), and uses the internal GPS without the need for external software like GPSGate. My first fix took about 5mins but was in a moving vehicle.

Full postcode search, and nice clear maps with ability to add waypoints quite easy during route planning.

Havent used it yet but there is now a avoid road block feature that all previous versions of R66 havee been missing.

Dont like that you have to pay for safety cameras (10euros annually) and traffic info (30euros annually), did notice all of the travel guides (to certain cities) are all free....but weather is not!!! Safety cameras can be tried for free (10days)

Not sure for the use of the desktop sync application as all of the functionality seems to be built in to the mobile application.

Using the "extras" option within R66 on my phone i pressed update and was told no update available - yet on the desktop sync application I was told there was an update.

Due to previous problems, I backed up my R66 installation from my storage card before starting the upgrade - good job as Route 66 on my phone wouldnt load afterwards due to a Resource initiation script error, restoring the original installation and all was well again. So, not sure what "version" the desktop sync tried to install on my phone.

All in all am pleased with my purchase, however the default colour scheme makes road numbers soooooo hard to see (I mean black writing on dark grey background!!!), but using the England (??!!) colour scheme the road numbers are on a white background with pink writing - much better.

Matt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: