Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - All Frozen Up - Help Please.....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

All Frozen Up - Help Please.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatchef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
In the original manual the cause of freezing was put down to a power issue or corrupted data. Are all the connections under the battery cover all ok? Is it just when you press that button it freezes or just everytime that it is labelled Lock To GPS?

All connections appear to be ok! All buttons are frozen as soon as the unit is turned on, (the power button obviously works to get it on, but then not again) it will still acquire sat info (sat's come and go/Av & Max SRN change accordingly) then once it locks on and status changes it just freezes ("it" being the system as the buttons are already froze.

Crying or Very sad

@ fraserp - Doesn't appear to have a magical cure all reset/reboot button, thats what i was hoping for really when it first went
AshTwoPointZero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem sounds slightly different. My unit didn't freeze UNTIL I pressed a button from the GPS Status screen. I would acquire and hold a lock quite happily without freezing. Press a button (only the "Page" and "Lock to GPS" are available - both taking you to the same screen) and then the unit would freeze. Bypass that by inserting an SD Card and selecting View Map and entering Planning Mode would work fine until I pressed the "Lock to GPS" button.
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then the same questions to you then, Ash.
sjdwheeler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Freezing SatMap Reply with quote

Hi, I too bought an Active 10 at the Outdoor Show and it has frozen on me. I am not sure if your problems are the same as mine but I worked out that it would freeze whenever I pressed data box overlay while 'roaming' (not following a route). Anyway, customer services have recognised a problem with coding and are sending out a fix.

The device itself seems fantastic anyway. I'm a Mac user so can't use Memory-Maps but I am a map addict! This gadget fits the bill perfectly and so I bought a whole bundle of accessories.

Sat Map are still a relatively new company so will no doubt look after their customers!
a10user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Remove the batteries for one minute and any map card you might have inserted to the device, but the cells back in and switch it on, how far does it get when booting up, if it starts up this time try inserting the map card with the device switched on and does it detect the card etc - Mike

Hi Mike, I had the same problem as soon I downloaded the V1.15, after locking if I touched any of the left hand buttons it froze. Tried few times but same results, sent the A10 to Sat Map, they upgraded with V1.16 and that solved the problem, Richard at Sat Map explained to me that there was something wrong with the location box.
fatchef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All, apologise for taking so long to get back with an update! Anyway, I went to their HQ (Mon 17 Mar) and stormed in with my frozen active 10 that was only hours old.

Richard explained that they had an issue with 1 line of programming (out of the new 30 thousands + lines) in ver 1.15 – the error would make the system freeze if “location” was chosen as the display for any of the data boxes (the 2 or 4 Data Box Layout that the user has the option of changing)! Obviously I’d changed one of these whilst playing around. They had the fix there already (hot from the programmers that morning) so I got it updated there & then (ver 1.16). He added that they found out late on Sunday at the outdoor show, he was obviously gutted after doing all the updates and new sales at the show – “…..run before you can walk….. springs to mind!

All seems to be fine now apart from I’m finding satsync to be a little “hit or miss” – It always says file added blar blar… but doesn’t always show on the unit…?

Jason
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this information as I was wondering what the issue was that prompted the v1,16 release, that said, other than messing around "learning" the device I cannot really see much use for a data box showing current position when it is clearly shown on the map! - and lat/ long data is only a few button presses to access anyway - at least your device is sorted out though that is the main thing - Mike
fatchef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
......other than messing around "learning" the device I cannot really see much use for a data box showing current position when it is clearly shown on the map! ...... - Mike

Exactly Mike! I also think there's another post somewhere quoting Richard as saying "that the majority of users will not notice the fault", obviously for the reason you state above!

I blame the tiny joystick verses my fat fingers - surely i didn't mean to select that option! Shocked

Jason
PreshawPete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: System Locking mid-route Reply with quote

I'm a new user and quite impressed so far but am repeatedly bothered by the system freezing and having to reboot. It's often an hour or more into a trip. Very irritating!
Any ideas?
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: System Locking mid-route Reply with quote

PreshawPete wrote:
I'm a new user and quite impressed so far but am repeatedly bothered by the system freezing and having to reboot. It's often an hour or more into a trip. Very irritating!
Any ideas?

Mentioned on another thread is a firmware update that cures freezing....we shall see.
super_claret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After using my SatMap many times without problems I've suddenly started having 'freezing' issues.

I charged my lipol overnight, it was showing full charge in the morning, I achieved sat lock as I put my boots on, then, when I changed to the routes menu, it froze. I took the battery out and re-started the unit, went through the same procedure, activated the route and set off on my 19 mile route. 3 miles into the route, I woke the unit up and it was frozen again. I took the battery out and re-activated the route, re-set the trip log and off I went again, this time I completed the route without any further problems.

I'm really disappointed about having spent all that money on a unit that doesn't work properly and any confidence I had in the unit, prior to the freezing issues, has disappeared. A shame really, as the unit promises a lot.

Cheers

Mark
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its my understanding that the new software upgrade (that some have already received) and we all should get in a few weeks is supposed to solve this problem. You might like to ring SatMap and see if they think it will solve yours.

Or you can try deleting any unnecessary routes stored on your A10. I found that as a accrued routes on my machine it began to slow and lock. Having tidied it up things now seem fine.

Hope that helps
Satsync 1.525
super_claret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike

I only have 2 routes on the internal memory!

I wondered if it might be the length of the route that may be the problem. Would it make a difference if I copied my route to the SD card rather than the internal memory?

It's annoying and spoiling what would otherwise be an excellent product.

Thanks

Mark
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

super_claret said
Quote:
Would it make a difference if I copied my route to the SD card rather than the internal memory?

I don't know, but if you do not want to delete them or ask SatMap about the beta software then it is worth a try. But don't forget to delete them from the internal memory once you have copied them to the SD card.
Satsync 1.525
super_claret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is freezing regularly now, whether it be out following a route or messing
with the unit in the house. I was scrolling through the 1:50000 North of England mapping to find a location this morning when the unit locked up on me. This is becoming very frustrating to the point of wanting to return the unit for a refund. I've emailed SatMap about it and will wait for their reply, but I am very disappointed, as this is a fantastic bit of kit when it's working OK.

Cheers

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: