Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGo 8 route planning/itinerary
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGo 8 route planning/itinerary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whatsisname
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: iGo 8 route planning/itinerary Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am finding iGo 8 to be a nice piece of software, but there is one thing I am finding frustrating with it.

When planning a multi "via" route (in "plan on map" mode), after each time I add a new via , it automatically recalculates the route, and then jumps back to "fit to screen" view. Is there any way to either make it not recalculate after each new via entry, or not snap back to "fit to screen" view afterwards?

Thanks,

w.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: iGo 8 route planning/itinerary Reply with quote

whatsisname wrote:
Hi all,

When planning a multi "via" route (in "plan on map" mode), after each time I add a new via , it automatically recalculates the route, and then jumps back to "fit to screen" view. Is there any way to either make it not recalculate after each new via entry, or not snap back to "fit to screen" view afterwards?

Thanks,

w.

You used to be able to turn off auto-recalculation temporarily but I think they have removed that option.

There are a number of "skins" available which restore the advanced route settings page, although this still may not solve your problem.

Try searching on this forum for the iGO8_Plus skin - the original one which only makes small changes.

Otherwise you would have to edit one of the UI files.

linknet
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With iGO 2006+, to stop it re-calculating the route after each via, I set the final destination then on the map screen tap on Route, where I get a choice of Itinerary or Edit, select Edit and then Add, which takes you to the Find Options. Once done select 'add' again in the Edit for next via etc. You can then Optimise or manually change to your preferred order.

I guess it will be the same with iGO8.
whatsisname
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet - you can turn off auto-recalculation in the advanced menu but it still recalculates after adding each via. I couldn't find a skin anywhere for the igo8. I am quite happy to edit a ui file - can you point me to any info on it?

Lost_Property - I didn't use Igo2006 but the way you described seems to have changed. There is no add button under the edit page of route.

The auto recalculation after adding a via is annoying but bearable, the view snapping to fit to screen after each recalculation is much less so. I use the GPS alot for motorbiking, and add alot of vias to route plans to assure I get the roads I want to ride, especially on the continent, and the view snapping back to fit to screen seriously interupts route planning and adds loads of taps and re-zooming and map-pulling into the process...
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatsisname - I was looking at a similar modification so here is a quick and dirty fix.

Download this skin:

http://rapidshare.com/files/116135595/iGO8_Easy_Plan_Mode.zip.html

Copy the zip file to the iGO8\content\skin folder, create folder if it doesn't exist already.

Run iGO8 and select the skin from the advanced settings Menu\Skin section.

It should disable auto fit to screen in plan mode but the fit to screen button should still work.

It should work for 320-240, 240-320, 640-480 and 480-640 screen sizes.

Otherwise modify the info.ini file accordingly.

Let me know if it works.

linknet
whatsisname
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for that linknet. I copied it as you said and activated the skin, but whenever I try to get to the map, a fatal error occurs...

Any ideas?
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats strange, it works perfecly on my iPAQ.

Which version of iGO8 are you running ?

There are only 3 lines commented out, I've marked them as modified if you have a look inside the zip.

Try deleting all files in the iGO8\SAVE folder on the SD Card, make a backup first if you have any favourites etc you want to keep.

Then reinstall iGO by tapping on the Autorun file in the 2577 folder.

Then try reinstalling the skin.

I've had this happen to me with other skins and it seems to be when the PDA restarts after installing the skin !!

linknet
whatsisname
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no go I'm afraid. Sometimes it tells me I'm low on program memory before crashing when I try to go to the map plan page. What ipaq are you using? I have an old and lowly h2210. Could that be the problem?
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HP iPAQ 214 128MB RAM

iGO8 will struggle on 64MB RAM PDA's, if that's what you have, which finish up with only 30-35MB free after the system takes it's share.

Try closing everything !!

Regards

linknet

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: