Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - installing warner poi on medion ppc250
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

installing warner poi on medion ppc250
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd57chad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: installing warner poi on medion ppc250 Reply with quote

Hi All ,
Just bought one of the new aldi deal bundles - medion ppc250 .
I am delighted with it - clear screen & good direction announcements .
I want to install Warner poi on it but on there website it only seems to cover upto navigator v2.0 . These new bundles are shipped with Version 3.1A will it still work ? Would hate to spend my money & find its not compatible !
Oh by the way seen a few comments about poor case build on older models , these newer versions seem to be much improved , quality looks rather good!

Rob:~)
Kirk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poi software works well with version 3.1A I installed it myself yesterday! I have done 2 PPC's with it and both are working fine.
rd57chad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon u lot - 152 views and not 1 answer !
Ive installed & registered - Poi Warner
Tried downloading poi's on this website but wont recognise them , have tried drag & dropping them directly into folder on pocket pc but not sure im putting the right file in the right location ! HELP!!
Even tried downloading poi's from navigating.de website but it keeps telling me my user name's wrong - eventhough they sent me an email clearly stating account info !
I'm on the verge of giving up - spent 5hrs on this & still no closer Embarassed
rednipkin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree POI Warner does work ok, I have it on my Aldi special bought yesterday.........

I am having problems with POI thought, cant get ones from this site to work so registered with poihander. They dowload really easily from the PPC contected to the net via its cradle.

Tried the speed camera ones by driving to the one nearest my home and nothing, a german woman did tell it was a caution area (accident blackspot) but no warning of the camera.

Why dont this sites work with Warner? and do they include Truvelo and Specs as well as Gatso cameras? If where can I find one that compatibale with Warner that does.

By the way I am very happy with the MPPC250 and the navigation software I used it for 120 miles yesterday and it took me straight home,
rd57chad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eurika - got there in the end !
Thanks to Kirk on another post . You can use the info database off this website but you have to change the file type from POV to ASCI ! I've got mine shown on screen with a small camera icon - just need to associate a wav file to it -to give me extra warning & i will be delighted !
It wasn't quite as straightforward as I'd hoped !!
Good luck to anyone else trying it......
Paul_Armstrong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: What other post? Reply with quote

I've been fighting with this for about 5 hours too!

Where is the other post....please!
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Is this the thread you are looking for?

HTH. Thumbs Up

Regards,

Bo Peep.
Paul_Armstrong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Almost there.... Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to the thread, Laura.

I've got the information onto the Medion now, and I get a nice German lady telling me about "Danger Zones" when I get close to a speedcam - but I don't get any camera icons on the screen. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

I've converted the ov2 files to asc and copied them into the pois folder in the POI-Warner program folder - what else do I need to do?

Thanks
rd57chad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you've used the database from poi handler website via download direct to cradle rather than using the pocket gps database ? Provided that its stored an icon in the same folder as the ascii file you only need to do the following-
Go into poi warner software and tell them they are there, to do this: Open POI warner, go to poi manager, then poi settings, then overlay settings, then press +/- and tick the speed camera box. All done[/quote]
rednipkin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you are running the same software as me from POI Handler??

You dont actuall get speed camera icons what you get is a red circle danger sign with the speed limit 40, 50 etc in side it.

Not sure if I am happy with it and may change it to the one on this site, it certainly has not got all cameras on it and the german lady is driving me mad.

Anyone know where I get the POI edit program from so that I can convert the files on this site??
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POIEdit can be had from the developer's site free of charge - go to http://www.dnote.nl, click Software at the left, then POI Edit.

David
Paul_Armstrong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Got it!!! Reply with quote

I've got it working completely now. I am using the pocketgps database. converted to an asc file. What I stupidly hadn't done is to put the icon bmp file in the POI-warner pois folder - so it couldn't find it........

Also, I used the dictaphone fonction on the PPC250 to record two new messages (wav files) so that I don't have to listen to the German lady anymore - now my daughter nags me to slow down... much better! The POI-warner settings "Acoustic Settings" automatically searches for the memo wav's - simple!

Thanks for all the help - this site is a real find.

Paul
elevonic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I've carried out the above, installed warner,downloaded and converted the speed cams from this site, and now have a strange problem. The set up detects the cams on my route, but only shows a green red countdown bar at the bottom of the nav screen. No icon, and no warning sound. I've installed the icon, and have tried various zoom options,sound files etc, but with no joy. Also in warner I cant get it to play a sound file when selecting a sound to associate with the camera warning. Strange but true, any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Gazjen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get that gatso bmp up on my map when theres a camera am i doing something wrong I've put the BMP in to the poi folder but do you have to tell it its there somehow or rename it?

Cheers
Gazz
Big_Marc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem. When I converted the poi file to asc I had called it something different (speed cameras). The bmp has to be called the same name as the asc file I think.

Hope it helps

Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: