Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap in the Netherlands
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap in the Netherlands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garethjjones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Satmap in the Netherlands Reply with quote

HI,

Havn't seen this mentioned here, but Stamap is avaiable in the Netherlands with ANWB mappring (ANWB is a cross between the AA and OS!).

I was in Zeeland over the last few days on holiday, and wandered into the ANWB shop in Muddleburg and saw Satmap for sale. It's also on their website https://webwinkel.anwb.nl/published/webshop/verzamelingen/satmap-active-10.nl.html

As you can see mapping is avaiable for north or south Netherlands.

What I'm not sure of is if you can use a UK Satmap with NL mapping - that would be very good for lots of cyclist I think.

Personally I've being swaying between a Stampa and a garmin GPS60csx for some time - this may help me make the decision.

regards

Gareth
ReinB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Satmap in the Netherlands Reply with quote

garethjjones wrote:
HI,

What I'm not sure of is if you can use a UK Satmap with NL mapping - that would be very good for lots of cyclist I think.

Personally I've being swaying between a Stampa and a garmin GPS60csx for some time - this may help me make the decision.

regards

Gareth

Well, I live in the Netherlands and I just bought the Satmap 10 last saturday ( for € 399 including the South-Netherlands map )
I examined the box and this is just like the one sold in GB. There are some differences though: the only thing you'll find in the box is the Satmap-device and a USB-cable. Other things mentioned on the box-cover are hidden underneath tape.
So no carrying case, no UK-roadmaps etc.
The firmware-version is different as well: 1.17 (!) . The device language is Dutch as a standard. Can't find where to change the standard language. The maps are extremely well detailed and will cost € 99 each for ANWB members. Others will have to pay €129. ( Northern and Southern Part )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: