Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Seidio - poor customer service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Seidio - poor customer service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rossh51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Seidio - poor customer service Reply with quote

I would advise anyone buying from Seidio via Internet order that "buyer beware" applies similar to some other posts here when it comes to customer support.
I purchased one of the new Dell GS2250 mounts and received it early February.
First issue was that the Dell did not fit in the (supposed) sliding mount. Some judicious "trimming" of the "guides" was necessary. I could live with that although you might think a specialty mount would fit and not be at least 1 mm out. Next issue was that when I set the unit up in my car it apparently did not work with my PS/2 Haicom 203E. Checked all and could find nothing wrong and finally decided to refit standard adaptor supplied with Haicom. Still does not work! Further investigation established that the plug adaptor supplied for PS/2 to the unit was incorrectly wired with reversed polarity....result one fried Haicom! I threw it away in disgust thinking I'd have to get another and that's where the trouble began.
I advised Seidio, initially thinking I might at least get another plug so I could use the mount in future when I got a new GPS. I then continued investigation which is when I found reverse polarity and followed up with another note to Seidio advising of the issue and that they could have a widespread problem. I also suggested they might like to replace the fried Haicom. Note came back with a"thank you!" and within 24 hrs I received a "General Product Alert" to all GS200 purchasers on the issue advising any PS/2 based users not to use the plug as it could damage the GPS. It also advised that a replacement correct plug would be shipped to all purchasers within 5 days.
At this stage, I pressed the replacement given this ackowledgement that my advice was apparently right!
Result (one week later) was "yes" if I sent back the fried unit (which I'd trashed!) and that a new mount would be sent as well. Explained situation of not having GPS (I'm in Australia and purchased in US) and answer was "no replacement possible without unit" despite the fact I'd advised them of the issue so there was not much doubt that I'd probably destroyed mine and I was not trying to take advantage of the Tech Bulletin!!! After asking for reconsideration another 2 weeks with no answer after which I followed up asking for , at least, a new mount in case that had been damaged...no answer. Meanwhile I need a GPS so I've given up and purchased a replacement. Finally today advice received that a replacement plug only has been shipped... one month after the "5 days" promised. Not sure whether I'm going to use this (now very expensive) mount when I receive it or not as I'm concerned about ruining another Haicom...certainly I'll be thoroughly checking the wiring given the poor quality control that let the originals through.
The moral is BEWARE. Seidio do not stand behind their product if something goes wrong that is their fault and certainly not behind the flowery statements of "customer satisfaction" on their Website. I'll stick to other suppliers in future and advise others in my circle to do the same! I'm a very cheesed off customer with a bad taste in my mouth from this poor experience!
Cheers
RossH Sad
minesapint
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i to ordered the g2500 but in dark gray(it did say on there site thay were shipping it in dark gray)
3 days nothing so i email them asking them y thay had not shipped my order.
2 days later, the G2500 in dark gray is out stock.
ok i said i will have it in silver.
3 days later still nothing, so in the end i cancelled my order.
i for one will not be ordering from them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: