Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 6 Sound Problems with iPAQ
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 6 Sound Problems with iPAQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 6 Sound Problems with iPAQ Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have recently installed TT6 and I have a problem with the sound files in both Tom Tom and when trying to play music tracks on my PDA. All other functions of the TT 6 software work perfectly except for the total loss of sound. I have an iPAQ 2735 running Windows Mobile 5. The problem is that I have lost all of the sound from the PDA and when I open up TT6 I get an error message saying "Error Ox37 opening WAV driver".
It would appear that somehow the WAV drivers have been corrupted ?? and when I open up a music track to play in Windows Media player I get a message saying something like the file format is not supported ??

Can anyone help please ??

Further, for a test I installed the TT 6 on my company PDA which is an iPAQ running Pocket PC 2003 and all works perfectly, including the audio.

Any help in resolving this issue would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Martin
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not the advice you want to hear but I would try a hard reset then re-install TomTom and see if the problem still exists, then put the rest of your software on the machine one application at a time to see which one (if any) is causing the problem - Mike
MartinE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Hard Reset Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the advice.

I have already tried that and following a hard reset, as you would expect, the performance of the PDA is back to normal. It is only when I install the TT6 software that the problem starts. The only additional software that I have is Sprite WM5 for backup etc,

Thanks,

Martin
mtseasky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my iPAQ hx2755.
I tried hard reset for several times. Everything works great before installing TTN 6.
Does anyone has a solution? Thanks.
Sad Question
AD123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

spotted this the other day. Hope it helps solve your problem:

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/message?board.id=HP&message.id=1349

It appears that TomTom alters 2 PDA files on installation (BtCoreIf.dll & BtSdkCE30.dll). Saving the original files and then copying them back to PDA after installing TomTom worked for these people.
fastbike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem trying to use TomTom on my HP PDA.
I really don't understand why they need to over-write the system DLLs because it caused me a lot of grief. As I did not know what caused the problem at that time, I ended up completely reloading the ROM image of my PDA which naturally fixed it.

Having discovered the apparent cause of the problem, I made my own tweaked version of the install .CAB file with all the relevant DLLs removed completely! (I think there were 3 of them). This seems to work perfectly, no loss of sound or other issues. So if I need to re-install Tomtom, it's much easier.
sg18sg18
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fastbike wrote:
I had exactly the same problem trying to use TomTom on my HP PDA.
I really don't understand why they need to over-write the system DLLs because it caused me a lot of grief. As I did not know what caused the problem at that time, I ended up completely reloading the ROM image of my PDA which naturally fixed it.

Having discovered the apparent cause of the problem, I made my own tweaked version of the install .CAB file with all the relevant DLLs removed completely! (I think there were 3 of them). This seems to work perfectly, no loss of sound or other issues. So if I need to re-install Tomtom, it's much easier.

Hi Smile
Am experiencing the same thing with sounds on my Ipaq hx 2400 Sad
So anybody got any more info on these files i should be backing up before installing please, and thee location Smile

Fastbike, what were the files you removed and HOW do you do what you did, (edit the cab file to remove the offending files )

Thanks for any help Smile

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: