Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS on a laptop
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS on a laptop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rally_champ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: GPS on a laptop Reply with quote

Greetings all,
I have been using GPS on and off since 1990 (when they were £2000, the size of a briefcase and needed a day to set up - how things have changed!)

Anyway, one of my GPS set-ups is my XP laptop using a GlobalSat BU-353 USB GPS Receiver with Microsoft Autoroute 2006 and Autoroute 2002. (The 2002 has better coverage of Eastern Europe, where I am now). I also have an old Garmin MapSource Ver 6.11.5 and European City Select V4 and nRoute but prefer the MS product for ease of use and GUI.

Now, I have a long trip planned on back roads through Romania and Greece which are poorly covered by my software. I have noticed that the free online mapping tools such as maps.live.com from Microsoft show many more roads and tracks.

My question is: is there some way to download from these online tools and use them off-line with a GPS receiver in-car?

I am not looking for turn-by-turn voice instructions but the ability to pre-program a route and for my co-driver to track the car's progress live as we drive along.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: