Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatSync Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatSync Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a10user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: SatSync and File Conversions Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
There have been a number of requests from site members wanting to know how to use SatSync including questions as to what it does.

The aim of this thread is for site members to post known solutions to getting Routes to and from the active10 using SatSync.

If you know of a way to get Routes to and from your PC based mapping application please add it to this thread so we can collate a comprehensive list of what works, also can you add how you actually do any conversion to get the data to the required gpx format.

Please use the normal forum sections for asking questions etc - this thread shall only contain known ways to get data to and from various mapping software packages for use with the active10.

The software (currently) only supports importing of data in the commonly used gpx format, however, not all PC based mapping packages support gpx.

Lets make a start showing how the SatSync software works:

First of all you need the SatSync software on the PC, at the time of writing 1,0,21 is/ was the current version, you can download and install this for free from SatMap_SatSync_1021.

With the software on the PC connect the active10 to a free USB port on the PC, SatSync should start automatically, if it doesn’t, start the program manually, you will be presented with a screen like this:

Bear in mind this is a clean install with a new map card inserted, if you have been using the device for a while you may well have considerably more items shown. On the left are items stored within the internal memory of the device, on the right are files stored on the memory card (if inserted). You have the option to store Routes in either location, BUT if you choose the internal memory option and upgrade the software on the device any routes will be lost during the upgrade process.

To put a gpx file on to the active10 using SatSync select “File/ Import” and point the file dialogue box to where the gpx file is located, press “Open”

You have the choice of storing the data to the internal memory or storage card (when inserted)

Once complete (which takes the blink of an eye) the software confirms the action is carried out

At this point you can either repeat the above for any additional Routes you want on the device, or simply re-start the active10 i.e. Power Off then back On for the new Route to be made available on the device.

All the Routes imported to the device will be shown in the two windows within SatSync, if you see a file in there with a gpx extension you have incorrectly carried out the above process. This is easier than you might think, if you use File/ Copy File” within SatSync it will do as requested and simply copy the file to the device:

If you have done this just highlight the gpx file and either use “File/ Copy file from active10” to save the file to your PC or use the delete button. At least you have to confirm the delete action but use this button with care, you don’t want to delete a full map off your SD card for example.

Hi Mike, having some problem using the SatSync, I always get the message " SatSync not responding" I have deleted and downloaded the software few times but always the same result. Also when I connect the A10 to the USB in my computer nothing happens, I have used different usb cable still the same. any help please, what am i doing wrong?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split this from the other thread as that one is for methods that are known to work, its not a problem though.

First of all what version of software is installed to your Active10, secondly are you connecting to a USB port on the rear of the PC directly, if you are going through a USB Hub this could be giving problems? - Mike

Edit to also ask what OS is your PC running, Windows XP, Vista or something else?
a10user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I split this from the other thread as that one is for methods that are known to work, its not a problem though.

First of all what version of software is installed to your Active10, secondly are you connecting to a USB port on the rear of the PC directly, if you are going through a USB Hub this could be giving problems? - Mike

Edit to also ask what OS is your PC running, Windows XP, Vista or something else?

I have V 1.16 in the A10, running Window XP, I plug directly to a USB port
tried to connect at both the front usb and at the rear, also disconnected my printer and plugged in there always the same result.Occasionally I managed to use both the satsync and the A10, but this after waiting for about 10 minutes before both the a10 and satsync work together. It appear that i have the problem with both the satsync which when I click the short cut it takes ages before the main screen appear where it tasks me to connect the a10 when i connect the a10 usually it takes over ten minutes before I can see my files, but most of the time i give up and use ctrl alt to close the satsync, the only way to close it.Apologies for the lenghty replay PS. both the a10 and satsinc works ok and fast on my daughter lap top,also window xp so I presume there is some conflitting thing in my computer. Any ideas?
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend un-installing Satsync from your PC. Then rebooting the PC and re-installing Satsync.

I hope that helps.
Satsync 1.525
a10user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:
I would recommend un-installing Satsync from your PC. Then rebooting the PC and re-installing Satsync.

I hope that helps.

Hi mike done as suggested, un-installing, rebootin and re-installing same results.

This is now becoming a battle between myself and satsinc, I am not that bothered with it , I am a very patient guy, and can wait the 10 minutes it takes before I can use it. Eventually I will figure it out why it is not working as it should.I know that it is some kind of problem between my computer and satsync but I will win the battle. Every other program that I have installed on my computer work perfectly and fast it's only the satsinc that is being a bit fussy. Thanks for your help

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: