Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 1.16 Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

1.16 Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
But I would take some time to understand the potential problem with 1,15 as it is so small it certainly isn't on my list of things to upgrade, 1,15 works fine for me.

I haven't even received v1.15 yet!!! Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them a ring then and you will skip 1,15 going straight to 1,16 - I upgraded my unit at the Outdoors show on the Friday of the show (14/03/08) and I have had no problems with it since - Mike
nonoftheabove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my version of 1.16 arrived via Postman Pat this morning
Saturday.
Unit now running latest version.
No problems with upgrade Laughing
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's arrived!!!! v1.16 has arrived!!!! Thank god for that!!!!
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All safely installed after the second attempt.

I now see occasional screen flicker whilst using my freshly charged AA rechargeables (only had it on for about 5-10 minutes to move routes around and look at menus) which I didn't before...I presume this settles down after a bit more use.....I hope!!
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v1.16 arrived with me this morning as well. It took the 2 attempts (like the instructions said it might) to install, but all seems to be well after the update. I shall post the card back to Satmap this afternoon for the next lucky punter Smile

A few questions to Satmap/others who have had the update longer than me;

1)Using the advanced power saving mode reduces the GPS map screen refresh rate to once every 4 seconds, reduces the maximum screen brightness to 80%, and disables the "Ahead Up" function in the GPS map screen.
Does it also reduce the sensitivity, number of satellites used, or refresh rate of the GPS chipset itself? (I ask because a similar power-saving method is available in my Garmin Foretrex, but it drastically reduces the sensitivity of the GPS, and consequently it's usefulness!)

2) Update v1.16 still has not corrected the minor bug of the corrupted icon for the top left-hand soft key in the Planning screen. This soft key (the "POI Categories" menu button) still has what looks like two icons overlapping each other - one of a text document and the other looks like the POI icon used on the map itself. Are other users seeing this, or is it a problem with my unit?
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only is it on mine too....but it features in the full edition of the manual....perhaps it's not corrupt but designed like that.
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
Not only is it on mine too....but it features in the full edition of the manual....perhaps it's not corrupt but designed like that.

So it is...I always thought it was a mistake Rolling Eyes
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a tip/ hint go to to Settings/ Route Control and think about the actual settings on this page the "Auto Reset Log" and "Auto clear trail data" options will do exactly what they says they will do, if you change active route while out you will loose your logged data depending upon how you set this up on the device - Mike
lxm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was obviously the day when they sent out the upgrade to users of this forum, as mine arrived today as well. Two runs of the installation and there it was v.1.16, blue dot and all.

Having a battery meter that actually works is nice... including almost an hour of "red" single bar before the dreaded "critical... I'm turning myself off" message.

Also I seem to have far better satellite lock, including, for the first time, in my house.

Well done Satmap, but I do hope that the next update really is by download...
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another revelation in v1.16...

I've just recharged my LiPol battery for the first time under v1.16, and in addition to the indication of when the unit is connected to an external power source (a lightening flash on top of the battery icon), it seems that this flash disappears and the icon reverts to the 4-bar battery symbol once the battery is fully charged. So: we now have a functional charge status indicator. Cool!

I'm not sure whether the trigger for the icon to change is done on a purely timed basis (e.g. "change battery symbol back to 4 bars once 12 hours of mains power have elapsed") or there's something a bit more sophisticated going on (e.g."change battery symbol back to 4 bars once the LiPol battery is 95% charged") but either way, it's a huge improvement over the previous arrangement.

Keep up the good (development) work SatMap, and I look forward to the next (downloadable) upgrade Very Happy
mapguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others, I received and installed the v1.16 update this weekend. All is OK except I seem to have lost the 'Track Up' option on the GPS map screen and it remains in 'North Up' at all times. I have been through the Settings menu and the new User Guide and I have recalibrated the compass a couple of times in case that was part of the issue but still no joy. Have I missed something blindingly obvious (before I call Satmap)?
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mapguy wrote:
Like others, I received and installed the v1.16 update this weekend. All is OK except I seem to have lost the 'Track Up' option on the GPS map screen and it remains in 'North Up' at all times. I have been through the Settings menu and the new User Guide and I have recalibrated the compass a couple of times in case that was part of the issue but still no joy. Have I missed something blindingly obvious (before I call Satmap)?

Have you set the advanced power settings so the low power mode? That disables the Track Up feature.
mapguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See? I knew it would be blindingly obvious. Thanks Rob Embarassed
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got the new software this weekend. Upgrade went as described (two runs needed).

The first thing I noted was that the battery meter appears to show lower readings on my rechargeable batteries. They went down to 3 bars withing about 1 minute and after a few hours went down to 2. But they seem to work as well as ever so maybe its just giving a more responsive report.

I also have suffered a couple of lock ups. One requiring battery removal one when it just got so slow I gave up and switched off and removed the batteries. I wonder if it has anything to do with going first to the satellite tracking screen. When I'm indoors trying to just review maps it seems to be doing its nut trying to lock onto un-see able satellites.

I remain puzzled as to why the clear track issue has been simplified unless you want to reset the altitude in which case you have to still do it twice. My track reading still seems to give some odd altitude readings and amazing "total Ascent heights" on a walk which was almost all down hill and shows as such.

In summary the software upgrade seems to be quite an improvement but still seems to have a few things that might be improved.

Keep up the good work SatMap!
Satsync 1.525

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: