Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Talex System code
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Talex System code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RNR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Talex System code Reply with quote

I purchased a Talex with a 3 year subscription before the current debacle with Talex and Novus.

All was fine but I recently contacted Talex to get the subscription update to honour the 3 years and although they said it would be honoured they required the System Code as well as the serial number of the unit.

I have the serial number but not the System Code (card lost).

Does anyone know how to extract the System Code from the unit or the software for the old Talex download software?

Frankly I have just about given up with Talex and Novus - they are both useless but I will give it one last try.
talexuser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they bought the company they should have the computers with the system code for your serial number - after all they provided the code for that serial number when you bought the subscription, so this looks like a lame excuse.

you could try the novus delta update, that is now working at 8021, although we are not clear yet who has the better quality database, but the novus requires no codes to work.
http://www.novusgps.com/delta.html
(don't install the usb driver, its already in the talex sofware)

but once you have used the novus you need the serial and code the first time you want to use the talex subscription again Sad
silentwol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no system code stored on the talex - every talex has identical data stored on them. Your best bet is doing a novus update.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also find that strange.

During the update process it informs you it is checking the units serial number, then cross checking the subscription serial number.

The only thing I can think of is that the new Talex outfit don't have full access to the subscription database to cross check, otherwise, as a fully paid up subscriber they should be keeping you happy.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
talexuser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is anybody still receiving talex updates AFTER their subscription ran out?

if they don't have the full database anymore, perhaps all you need to get in is a code and serial number, and the run out date does not matter anymore Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: