Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Sentry
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Sentry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snoopydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Speed Sentry Reply with quote

Hi
Can someone kindly walk me through a foolproof procedure for loading both the U.K. and Europe camera databases to an ipaq 2210 running Speed Sentry.
SS works great and I did have the U.k. database installed but deleated it by mistake and Embarassed now I can't get it to work any more.
If someone can tell me the correct method that would be great Very Happy

Thanks
Snoopydog
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link has the review link and forum discussion which may help?
Snoopydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Speed Sentry Reply with quote

Thanks Darren,

I have followed all that before-should the database be copied over as an excel file because i have 'there is no application associated with "pocketgps_uk_sc" run the application first, then open this file from within the application.' when i try to open the file and Speed Sentry cannot find the databases.

Any help

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need to do is unzip the download to obtain the pocketgps_uk_sc.csv file and copy it to the device, you don't have to open it as this will mess up the file structure if Excel gets anywhere near it.
Put the file in the My Device /My Documents folder on the device then start Speed Sentry and configure the Speed camera options, all you need to do is tell the application where the file is located. Shut down Speed Sentry (which will save the settings including where the camera database is located) next time you start the Speed Sentry application it will load the database as it boots up on the PDA, hope this helps, if you get stuck please post back with how far you have got and I will try to be more specific.
Perhaps a dedicated guide with some screen shots might be helpful, I will try and create something and post it later as there will be others in the same position as yourself nodoubt - Mike
Snoopydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Speed Sentry Reply with quote

Thanks Mike
I am going on holiday to Austria and was hoping to get it working by tomorrow with the uk and european databases (no luck at present)

Thanks
Snoopydog
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got "Hide extensions for known files types" set? The file you downloaded would have one which would give a clue as to what to do with it.

From any folder, go into Tools then Folder options. Select the View tab and make sure the above entry is NOT selected (it's near the top).

If it's a .zip file you will need to extract any files inside it (right click, extract all).
Brodit ProClip mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a little different as you now want to use two different database files with an application that can only accept a single file, what you need to do is concatenate the UK and European csv files together so they become one prior to installation to the device.

I would use Note Pad to copy and past the euro database into the UK database file and save the resultant file to the device if I were you, this way Speed Sentry will work across the country boundary lines without a problem - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: