Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - so what is the best for LGVs?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

so what is the best for LGVs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dopey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: so what is the best for LGVs? Reply with quote

I have read a lot of pages, and some have been very informative, but there is no (it seems to me) definitive answer to the question, what sat nav gps system would you recommend ? the bast of the best? i know they wont have all the features on them that would be useful, but then again there are a lot to consider aren't they? bridge hight, with restrictions are the 2 most important, narrow roads, garages (without low restriction)truck stops would be nice and handy too, with safety cameras etc, can someone actually put a name to a product for me to look at please because its very confusing (not just maps the whole bundle) thanks all
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the easiest to use for what you want is a tomtom as this will alow you to have multiple poi warnings. the lowbridge data is available from lowbridges.com, and on the disc isare other hgv pois but as yet i dont think weight limits are not there. but remember they will not route you round the resrictions only warn you of it

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Bubs800
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just bought a garmin nuvi 200 with this I installed low bridge POIs from lowbridges.com. the good thing about this satnav is you can drive without planning a route. normally I know where I am going so I didn't want to plan a route for every journey cos that would be a pain in the rear. but if I am diverted or end up on new roads I have the POI alert set to warn me if there is a low bridge with 500mtrs which is displayed in a alert bar at the top of the 3.5 screen and when you get a bit closer the small icon is displayed. at the moment I am using garmins speed camera database which does the same job I might just renew this as the price is rather cheap. its simple without the big bells and whistles but you could go up range and get all the blutooth and stuff but to be honest I don't need all that stuff cos I listen to the radio and already have a bluetooth phone.
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current personal choice is a Tomtom Go 520, does a better job than my old Navman N60i! Again i have the low bridges poi,and use Tomtoms own camera database! I like the map share and feel this could be a very useful tool for adjusting maps. I'd like to see a sat nav with the option to avoid a poi group when routing this would be a big aid for large vehicles but as discussed before it's been raised to tomtom after they removed the option!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep an eye out for the vdo they are working to get hgv data from navteq in to maps this announced in october last year and will eventually be what you have been asking for there will be protable unit also at the launch of navteq transport we alk who produce copilot im hoping they also will incorperate the hgv data i think navteq mentioned releaseing the data towards the end of this year

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: