Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navman speed camera updates from this site anyone subscribe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navman speed camera updates from this site anyone subscribe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotchef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: navman speed camera updates from this site anyone subscribe Reply with quote

I Have a F50, the speed camera updates from this site are £19.99 for the year, via navman them selves its £34.99 for uk or £54.99 for europe.

are the ones on this site just as upto date as the navman one?

is it a bargin to download via this site?

anyone use the service?

chef
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is only £19 per year from this site. Wink

I have no experience of the Navman cameras, but I think I can say that those that are found here are as up-to-date as any.

The Instructions can be found Here if you want to see what is involved.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: navman speed camera updates from this site anyone subscr Reply with quote

hotchef wrote:
I Have a F50, the speed camera updates from this site are £19.99 for the year, via navman them selves its £34.99 for uk or £54.99 for europe.

are the ones on this site just as upto date as the navman one?

is it a bargin to download via this site?

anyone use the service?

chef

Welcome to the forum. To quote, Churchill "Ohhh! Yes!" Up to date, Bargain, and yes, many, many subscribers among which is me! Maybe someone from PGPSW will say exactly how many subscribers but I would guess it is thousands. (BTW that's the insurer, Not the politician. Wink
Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found them to be useful but there has been times when I used the Tom Tom 910 Where I live there is a few warnings for speed cams which do not exist it's still worth the £19 though.
With the Navman s90i I have not had much time using it yet but the sound for the speed alerts are better then Tom Tom own brand.
Cheers

Just be truthful and follow your heart
Life is how you make it

I'm forever blowing bubbles

I'm now a happy Garman Man
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin4Jay wrote:
I found them to be useful but there has been times when I used the Tom Tom 910 Where I live there is a few warnings for speed cams which do not exist it's still worth the £19 though.

I'd be very surprised if that were the case. Could these have been mobile sites? If you use the single file database then you wouldn't realise the distinction?
Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd be very surprised if that were the case. Could these have been mobile sites? If you use the single file database then you wouldn't realise the distinction?

Hi Darren
I'm not sure not using the Tom tom anymore for an example when I go through A3259 Monkton Heathfield in Somerset towards Taunton & A38 Bridgwater Road I always had a warnings but there was no camera & I never seen anyone there. I found Pocket GPS very useful and would recommend it my friends.

Cheers

Life is how you make it

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I thought, those sites are Mobile Sites, i.e Safety Camera Vans. The fact that you never saw one does not mean they don't operate there.

MOBILE:28009@30 is a mobile site on the A3259 in the middle of Monkton Heathfield. The site wouldn't have been logged unless a number of individuals had reported seeing a mobile camera operating there.
Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
As I thought, those sites are Mobile Sites, i.e Safety Camera Vans. The fact that you never saw one does not mean they don't operate there.

MOBILE:28009@30 is a mobile site on the A3259 in the middle of Monkton Heathfield. The site wouldn't have been logged unless a number of individuals had reported seeing a mobile camera operating there.

Many thanks Darren for clearing this problem up.
Cheers

Life is how you make it

MR1967
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hotchef,

Not sure if since you started this topic you have decided to sign up but all I can say is go for it! I have subscribed for a couple of years now and download the individual camera types for my Navman 550 when they become available; I also send in regular updates too in the hope of one day securing one of the free subscriptions Laughing - something I'm not aware Navman offer.

For a comparison I have access to a Navman F20 at work and the camera database used and updated via official Navman download I have found to be not as good as the one available here for less money.

UPDATE - the works F20 has been replaced by a couple of TOM TOM One v4 and so I have been allowed to own the F20. Now updated it using the PGPSW speedcamera database plus a couple of the free ones for fuel, parking etc and I'm now very happy!!!
I'll always take the roundabout way.

Last edited by MR1967 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Nigbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as advised , i am no tecchy - but have deciphered your email address from above replies & copied you with my wifes NIP & your automated reply says you have received it.

This should enable you to advise whether in fact i was the 1st, 10th or 55th adviser of this location hopefully. Then we all know the position and you can calm down
Rayahope
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Navman N20 Speed cameras Reply with quote

I have recently bought the subscription for speed cameras, however I did have an old version of the navman ones still installed. I have noticed the problem that I get a lot of false alerts. I it seems to show cameras that are not on my route. If the POI distance is set to say 500m then even sites parallel to my route are alerting. This is not the case with the original ones from Navman. These ones only warn of cameras on my route and they also show the speed limit of the road. This is very useful. Have I done something wrong or is there a special code for the Navman supplied camera sites?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman N20 Speed cameras Reply with quote

Rayahope wrote:
I have recently bought the subscription for speed cameras, however I did have an old version of the navman ones still installed. I have noticed the problem that I get a lot of false alerts. I it seems to show cameras that are not on my route. If the POI distance is set to say 500m then even sites parallel to my route are alerting. This is not the case with the original ones from Navman. These ones only warn of cameras on my route and they also show the speed limit of the road. This is very useful. Have I done something wrong or is there a special code for the Navman supplied camera sites?

Welcome to Forum.

I have the same device and existing Navman Safety camera POIs and PGPSW safety cams installed. If a camera 'off-route' & is within range, it will give an alert whether it is the Navman set or the PGPSW set so long as the warning distance is set on both sets, despite not being exactly on your route. Could it be that the PGPSW set is set at 500m and the Navman set is set at a different range?
Go through all your PoIs in 'Enable POIs' and slect those which you wish to be on, then
Check all your Alerts to see if all the chosen ones are turned on and all have the same alert distance. The Navman ones have distictive icons.

Does that make sense ? ;-)
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Navman N20 Speed cameras Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
I have the same device and existing Navman Safety camera POIs and PGPSW safety cams installed. If a camera 'off-route' & is within range, it will give an alert whether it is the Navman set or the PGPSW set so long as the warning distance is set on both sets, despite not being exactly on your route.

Gee-Pee, you have N-Series device, right? From Rayahope's description I think he has S-Series device -- S-Series has the option to warn only for things on route.

Rayahope, you cannot get speed limit sensitive warning with PGPSW database -- you can get this only with Navman's speed camera data. However, it looks like it could be possible to get on-route triggering if you'd like to do some experimentation and know how to edit XML. After installing PGPSW database, find "poialerts.xml" file on the device and save a copy somewhere safe. Open "poialerts.xml" with a good XML editor, find entry for your PGPSW data and change "onroutefilter" value from "false" to "true" and save. If it works -- great; if it doesn't -- just replace your modified "poialerts.xml" with your safe copy.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TheM. You could be right, but he has posted in the thread Navman N20 Speed cameras!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: