Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman S70 Problem with ASC file format
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman S70 Problem with ASC file format

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ln246442
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Navman S70 Problem with ASC file format Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone help me with downloading the speed camera data to my new S70. The NavDesk software Version v5.10.0019.85 (SP 1) does not seem to allow me to select anything other than CSV files. The guide suggests *.* or *.ASC but when you open the browse dialogue box you cant select or change the file type. So at the moment I cannot get the speed camera POI's onto the S70

Any advice ? Regards John
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're almost there. Navmans historically used the asc file type but the new machines use csv.

When in the browse box type into the file name box *.* and hit enter and you should see all the files appear. Seems odd I know but thats how it needs to be done.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
ln246442
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thanks for the help. All loaded
andyandpam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Speedcams S50 Reply with quote

Would like some help pls in installing the camera software onto my S50,as i have not got a clue,before i throw this machine out of the window
Edit Once to remove E-mail and tel number - Mike Alder
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed the e-mail and tel number as that is not too good an idea to post them in a forum, it tends to attract spam, as for your specific problem, how far have you got with installing the camera database:
Have you downloaded it to the PC?
Have you unzipped the download?

If the above doesn't make any sense what have you done so far, we will be able to sort you out and get this working, after a few weeks it will seem easy (honest) - Mike
andyandpam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: RE: Navman Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I removed the e-mail and tel number as that is not too good an idea to post them in a forum, it tends to attract spam, as for your specific problem, how far have you got with installing the camera database:
Have you downloaded it to the PC?
Have you unzipped the download?

If the above doesn't make any sense what have you done so far, we will be able to sort you out and get this working, after a few weeks it will seem easy (honest) - Mike

Hi Mike,should i create a new category for the speedcams or replace the existing ones?
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say existing ones I assume you mean the default Navman cameras. These you can leave on or disable them in the device poi menu. The PGPSW database will not overwrite them, only a Navman update if there will ever be one will update that. You shouldn't have to make any new catagories.

On the PGPSW speed camera page there is a section under Navman that gives detailed instructions as to how to install the camera database onto your S50. click Thislink.

If you have read this, then at what point are you stuck and we will then help you through it.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a slight problem with the instructions though as the newer Navman devices will only load from csv files, the set-up guides are all showing asc format files, which leads to problems with new users of the database, if they follow the guide it doesn't work Embarassed - Mike
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
There is a slight problem with the instructions though as the newer Navman devices will only load from csv files, the set-up guides are all showing asc format files, which leads to problems with new users of the database, if they follow the guide it doesn't work Embarassed - Mike

This is about the *.* issue which in the instructions is now marked in red.

Quote:
Note: Newer versions of the software, by default, ask for 'Files of type: CSV Files (*.csv)' You might have to put *.* or *.asc and press 'Open' in the File Name window in order to show the asc files.

Problem solved Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: