Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reviewed: Tchart's GPS Speed Sentry
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviewed: Tchart's GPS Speed Sentry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try an e-mail to the software developer as Trevor will be able to sort this out, you can find his e-mail address from the contact button on This Page, bear in mind there is quite a time difference involved between the UK and New Zealand though - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
I see, but I can't work out how to get back to the relevant page to input the device ID....PocketGear allows me to redownload, but that's all, and pops up with the same reg key again.

Just send the author an email explaining your issue, I'm sure he'll sort you out.

See the Contact link at http://www.tchartdev.com/
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has/he did ! Sorted..magic !
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could somebody please point me in the direction of 'where to look?'.... I can't get it to sound any warning tones. The device volume is on, up loud, and the SS is enabled OK. I have selected Windows Warning sounds, 1 and 2...detection angle is 60, first distance set for 500 and the other 250. While driving, it detects the camera locations fine , but no 'noise'. Thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start the GPS Speed Speed Sentry application and got to Menu/ Set-up/ Database, adjacent to each audio file location is a greater than sign, pressing this will play the sound associated with the file path you enter. It doesn't like the Windows sound files though so you are better loading up some wav files to the memory card for it to use.

I have to extract the audio files made from the Liz Whittaker voice set that I used on my Artemis and send them to another site member, sadly they are on what is now a dead PC, once I have the audio files I use I will e-mail thm over for you to use (later tonight) - Mike
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike...appreciated. It must be the Windows files that, as you say, it doesn't like.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What am I doing wrong....my son sent me a wav file, but still no sounds ?
tchart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
What am I doing wrong....my son sent me a wav file, but still no sounds ?

Hello,

Assuming you can hear other sounds such as MP3's etc there are a couple of things to try. Below is a cut and paste from my forum http://tchartdev.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1203795747/0#0

Its not all good news though as most people who have had this problem have to do a hard reset to resolve it.

Ive had a few users report this and its actually something to do with the oprerating system as the API to play the sound doesnt not work.

Ive no idea why this happens as I am using bog standard API calls to play wav files.

Regards
Trevor

Firstly, check that the "Mute" option is off (there should be no red cross on the speaker icon.

Once you've checked this, try this;

1) Open the file explorer on your Axim
2) Go to the "Windows" folder
3) Find a "wav" file (eg Alarm1.wav)
4) Tap on it.

It should pop up a small player and play the sound. If it doesnt then your device wont play "wav" files from Speed Sentry and presumably other software.

If they dont play then unfortunately the only cure for this is to do a hard reset. I have no idea why Windows Moble does sometimes this but I have had a few people report this and a hard reset was the only way to fix it.
[/i]
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks....looks like I'll have to live with it, as a hard reset at this stage is really not on for me.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tchart has been updated recently. The speedcam readout is now much better IMHO. It keeps the speed displayed big whilst giving all the other info bigger than it was. A real improvement. Well done Trevor.
Trevor T
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Tcharts Speed Sentry Very Happy

Best $11 I've spent in a long time. I was worried that the display looked a little fussy but been running it for a couple of days and it is perfect for the job.

I've got the new 1.7 version released last month and loaded the warning sounds they offer. OK a little computerised but they do the job.

I've basically changed all my units to read 30 40 50 60 70 and 80 in the last box. I then always leave it on 80 and that coupled with the PGPSW database and change temp limits works perfectly on my smartphone. Switching to the limit for the speedcamera and playing an alarm if I am over the limit.

I have so missed the PGPSW database since moving to manufacturer satnav and this is great without the overkill of running TT6 as a 2nd satnav.

Highly recommended Very Happy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st1967 wrote:
I love Tcharts Speed Sentry Very Happy

Told ya it was good Very Happy
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Told ya it was good Very Happy

I know, can't believe I almost dismissed it at first.

Laughing
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be 18 months since anybody has been on this thread but I need to resurrect some of the points above - better late than never i suppose!

I started this topic elsewhere but have now moved to a more relevant position here to stop loose ends to this important thread.

I have just set up an HTC Advantage X7500 running MS win mob 6.1rom plus Tom Tom Navigator 7 plus the Tchart speed sentry.

I love the part of speed sentry that shows the legal speed limit on the road being driven, but in my naivety assumed that it was being done automatically until Mike pointed out to me - quote:

mikealder wrote:

As for the speed limit data Speed Sentry displays this is based upon your current speed rather than the actual speed limit, as you accelerate/ deaccelerate the displayed limit changes in steps that match the nearest applicable limit. For example if you drive at 50MPH on a motorway the software will show 50 as the speed limit, accelerate to 60 and you will see it change - Try it so you get used to it, only the speed camera speeds which are taken from the database reflect anything like the true road speed limit - Mike

This got me thinking, is there a link available here to get this working properly?
Although it is mentioned above it doesn't seem to have been attacked in detail.

Above I see that a software called Fransons GPS, being mentioned with one setup, is this a way of getting the correct speed limits linked between the Speed Sentry and the Tom Tom software and more importantly is it the correct software for me to use?

I have looked on the Fransons website and it goes straight over my head!

As this was first bought up more than two years ago, i presume that there must be many working systems out there running a link between the Tom Tom and Speed Sentry software?

Any help please would be appreciated.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Franson GPS Gate application lets you split a single GPS feed between multiple programs running on the same device, what some of us were doing a couple of years ago was to run TTN6 for routing instructions via the audio and Speed Sentry for the camera warnings and associated graphics.

This let you set a destination in TTN6 which would continue to run offering navigation audio whilst the speed camera and other options from Speed Sentry were in use on the screen of the device.

The Franson application doesn't offer any way to extract map related speed limit information from the TomTom map data, and to be honest the TT speed limit data isn't that accurate to trust your driving license to.....

One other thing I should point out is the Franson GPS Gate application does a huge array of different (useful) functions when playing around with GPS applications on a PDA, but it cannot extract speed limit data from TTN for use elsewhere - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: