Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wireless Traffic as opposed to RDS-TMC Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless Traffic as opposed to RDS-TMC Traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain_Eric
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Wireless Traffic as opposed to RDS-TMC Traffic Reply with quote

On another thread (an excellent 920 review by Darren), Wireless Traffic as opposed to RDS-TMC Traffic was talked about due to a tangential question I asked. I should have started another thread then, so will put my follow-up questions here. Sorry about that earlier transgression. Embarassed Anyway . . .

Based on that discussion, I am still not "absolutely" clear if Wireless Traffic is identical to RDS-TMC Traffic or not.

It seems that the source data might be (or is?) identical, but that the frequency of updates (better with Wireless Traffic?) is different or that the coverage area is different (better with Wireless Traffic?).

Can anyone offer a further clarification?

(Maybe Dennis and Darren put their heads together on this and pronounce your combined brain power and experience?)

As an another (closely) related topic, does anyone have any experience with HD Traffic?

Thanks,

Yankee Capn
Captain_Eric
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I found my own answer (minutes after I posted), based on this video from TomTom headquarters in Amsterdam.

http://www.vimeo.com/649472

You can come to your own conclusions, but it seems to me that Wireless Traffic is different from and better than (at least more frequent and maybe more detailed) TMS Traffic.

It's a very interesting video on High Definition Traffic by the way.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: