Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Why did I not get my submission award?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Why did I not get my submission award?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gixerboy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Why did I not get my submission award? Reply with quote

Why did I not get my submission award? The camera was not on your map and when I reported it, two days later you added it to the map & its on the lastest update, yet I never got a submission award. Why not, who reported it before me?

Are the camera submission awards genuine?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why did I not get my submission award?

Probably because you weren't the first, it didn't qualify or you didn't have a valid subscription at the time of submission.

Quote:
The camera was not on your map and when I reported it, two days later you added it to the map

Who said it was as a direct result of your submission?

Quote:
its on the lastest update, yet I never got a submission award. Why not,

Probably because you weren't the first, it didn't qualify or you didn't have a valid subscription at the time of submission.

Quote:
who reported it before me?

Someone else?

Quote:
Are the camera submission awards genuine?

Yes
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I but the team get fed up with these posts Rolling Eyes

No I havn't got an award BTW Exclamation

But.....

Is it showing as a Pmobile.... is so it aint been verified yet........
So no reward Wink

Or maybe you werent the first to report it Question
I don think they are out to rip you off Exclamation
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do get a little 'irked'. A quick search will reveal many posts that demonstrate the offer is genuine and members do get the award. Naturally when someone suggests it's a con it's annoying!

With nearly a quarter of a million members it's not impossible that you were not the first to report the site! Forty+ eligible members qualified this month alone but only half actually received the award because the others were already lifetime members.

That demonstrates two things, the offer is genuine and that those that make the most reports and persist are invariably the ones that benefit.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Why did I not get my submission award? Reply with quote

Just to pick up on one point so that it can be archived.

gixerboy wrote:
The camera was not on your map and when I reported it,

The map is not updated in real time. It's often only updated to show what the "current" database (which may be released a day or so later) shows.

It could take weeks for a site to be verified. Until then, it may not show on the map. Someone else could have submitted it weeks before you.

I have received the award for being first once (thanks Darren, MaFt etc) but have submitted locations before and since without thinking about that as being a reason to submit (actually, I leave it a couple of days now so that a first-timer may have a chance to beat me Smile ). The fact that new cameras are added every fortnight shows that there is still opportunity (as Darren said, 20 members have received the award this fortnight alone).

Don't give up heart and please keep submitting to help the rest of us and we'll keep submitting to help you. The main point is to avoid the fine.
Brodit ProClip mount
gixerboy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank you all for your kind words, and PaulB2005 there is no reason to be so offish matey, only asking a honest question mate!

Do you then post a list of the members & the cameras that they submitted to win the award? Only asking a simple question try and answer in a nice way this time!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul's simply answering in the same tone as the question. It's genuine, if you qualify you get notified, simple as.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gixerboy wrote:
I would like to thank you all for your kind words, and PaulB2005 there is no reason to be so offish matey, only asking a honest question mate!

Do you then post a list of the members & the cameras that they submitted to win the award? Only asking a simple question try and answer in a nice way this time!

I can only say No Comment!! Twisted Evil

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your only submission has been a mobile camera currently in the database as pMobile:45715@30

as per the free subscription criteria you will need to wait for further independent sightings of this mobile in action as well as a visit by a verifier to check that the description matches your submitted coordinates.

MaFt
missing_user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not complaing but:-
I have submitted [and received receipts] for 50+ changes to the database since 1st January and 'verified' numerous others without any financial reward.
I am the 'least active' of the verifiers as I am a retired person and live in a rural area!

Keep submiiting the cameras.

Last edited by missing_user on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking from my own personal experience, the free subscription process DOES work and it is applied fairly and equally to everybody.

IF you're lucky enough to meet the qualifying criteria, then you'll be allocated your free lifetime subscription with the next database update.

At the same time as these people may request a more diplomatic response to their claims, the wording of some claimants' posts also takes a little to be desired and a "where's my lifetime subscription" heading appears more aggressive than a "did I not qualify"

How many of the "where's my free subscription brigade" go banging on the doors of Camelot, complaining that they haven't won the lottery?
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
How many of the "where's my free subscription brigade" go banging on the doors of Camelot, complaining that they haven't won the lottery?

Honestly the odds are better for Free Life Subs here than a win on the lottery anyday! Keep trying!

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
[Honestly the odds are better for Free Life Subs here than a win on the lottery anyday! Keep trying!

True! In fact, statistics show that you're more likely to be struck by lightning TWICE than win the lottery...

...but my point is that members keep moaning about missing out on free lifetime subscription, but would they complain to Camelot??

When I got my free subscription, I increased my donation to RNLI by £2.50/month, so I'm theoretically out of pocket by £6/yr
gixerboy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun guys! Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:

In fact, statistics show that you're more likely to be struck by lightning TWICE than win the lottery...

Can anybody tell me Camelot's doors address please? Does anyone know of a reliable free downloadable anti lightning thingy (and will it work with up to 20MB Broadband)? Is there an OAP version of the confused thing Smileycon?

Why not?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: