Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Don't expect to get help from TomTom if A2DP doesn't work.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't expect to get help from TomTom if A2DP doesn't work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PicklesDad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Don't expect to get help from TomTom if A2DP doesn't work. Reply with quote

Following my previous post:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=64043&highlight=

I decided to contact TomTom support since my car Stereo works fine with 2 mobile phones using AD2P and all the indicators are it is a TomTom problem. This was the response:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

According to our 2nd line team they have stated that if you would like to have hands free calling via the car speaker then the only stereos that will give this option are the A2DP devices, however we do not support the A2DP devices* or any technical issue that may rise.

With Best Regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

*Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) describes how stereo quality audio can be streamed from a media source to a sink.

So if AD2P does not work for you tough. Amazing they can put it on the box.

I'm yet to see a post where someone has got AD2P working consistently with a TomTom. If you have please post, I'd love to see how many people actually got it working.

DP.
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another tale of woe as far as TomTom are concerned.
I cannot understand how a company with such a poor customer service history and a company that constantly flouts the trade description act keep on getting away with it.
Some of their products judging by TomToms description are clearly not fit for purpose of sale.
How many people, me for one, bought a 910 for the TMC function?.
Why did i bother? the new model is now out and still it isn't any good although owners can get to see an antenna!!.
As a navigation aid TomTom is most probably the leader as for all the gadgets and gimmicks how many actually work without grief.
A challenge to TomTom, if you feel you are the daddies, then open an office and plant here where we can actually get to rip the sh*t out of you and hold you accountable.
Whilst you hide in your edam fort we can't get to you no matter how many EU laws say otherwise.Keep on hiding behind your front line, the thing you call customer support.
It is a fact Brussels and the UK are not exactly bosom buddies eh. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because it is the best around ( well in my book anyway) until something better comes along then TT will have major problems
PicklesDad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this model for the TMC. It didn't work as supplied, but at least I could mod it to an external aerial and get it to work. The A2DP code is part of the firmware so there's not much I can do on a 720 to fix it. So I have to rely on TomTom, but they aren't willing to help.

I'm just wondering what consumer rights would think if you bought a computer and a screen, both supporting the right standards, but they didn't work together. Then only to be told by the computer manufacturer they don't support their computers working with computer monitors. Shocked

Yes I love the device, but I've found it severely lacking in the area of bluetooth audio, TMC, speed limits and out of date mapping.

but it does do nice swively things when you turn corners. Wink

PD

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: