Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: SmartClip mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: SmartClip mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: SmartClip mount Reply with quote

HandNav have been taking a bit of a knocking in the forums regarding the delivery and availability of the ProClip. Chetan has found an alternate provider of mounts who claims to be able to deliver musc faster than Brodit.

The SmartClip is made in the UK and is available for fast delivery for LHD cars. Are they as good as the ProClip? Click here for the full review.
WelshPedro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: REVIEW COMMENTS: SmartClip mount Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
HandNav have been taking a bit of a knocking in the forums regarding the delivery and availability of the ProClip. Chetan has found an alternate provider of mounts who claims to be able to deliver musc faster than Brodit.

I received my smart clip from HandNav this morning, after waiting 15 days and they have managed to send out the wrong one, so I can't pass judgement on the quality of the fit.

Can't get through to HandNav to get this returned, even after trying about 10 times today, it either engaged or not answered. Seems like very poor customer service, as they also didn't reply to mails during the last 2 weeks, when I had been asking about delivery estimates.

The product looks of good quality, just a shame about the distributor....
Deep-6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do seem to be a bit hit and miss. About a month ago I ordered a Proclip and brodit mount on a Monday, and got it on the thursday. The proclip since broke (!) well, a tiny bit anyway, it was loose when I got it from Handnav.

Last Monday, I ordered a smartclip as the pocket pc review says its stronger. I was hoping for the same delivery times, but buy thursday, I hadn't heard anything so I called up. I was told my card had been charged, and the clip would be sent out that evening for delivery Friday. Friday came, no delivery so I called up again, and was told it would be sent out Friday. They even changed the delivery address to my home address as it *should* be delivered on the Saturday, so I hung around, and of course nothing came. I even got a mail on Friday telling me my stuff had been despatched.

Today, nothing, so I mailed them. This evening, I received a mail saying my stuff had been despatched! Fingers crossed I actually get something this time. I'd had to think that a smartclip has been sent out twice already, but maybe some dodgy geezer at my local sorting office is pocketing my stuff! :o

I do get the impression that Chetan is working very hard. Everytime i've called I think I've always spoken to him, which makes me think he's running things on his own.

Personally, like most of you, I'm used to next day delivery for stuff ordered from the Net, and being made to wait is way too frustrating! Especially when if you are a gadget freak like me. Ok, its just a bit of plastic, but still!

There's no point to my rant I guess! I'm frustrated waiting for my Smartclip, but accurate emails telling me exactly when my stuff will be despatched would be nice, and I guess, in your case WelshPedro, getting emails and the right product would be good. Sad

Will tomorrow never come?!
Deep-6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally got my Smartclip. It mounts a little differently than the Proclip in that it has adhesive to hold it to the panel underneath the airvent, and the top part of the Smartclip slides into the gap between the top of the airvent and the surrounding plastic. I've then used the self tapping screws that come with the Brodit swivel mount/cradle.

The top of the proclip slid into part of the centre console near the hazard light switch and the bottom snaps into place directly under the airvent and was held in place by facing the airvent upwards into its normal position.

Both are nice firm fits, but the adhesive strip will stop me from playing around with the smartclip. Its a bit too close to the steering wheel, and I can knock the mount if I'm using the indicators. Thats about the only complaint I have.

A nice bit of kit!
pscanlon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging from the experience both your contributors have had with Handnav, and from my own, still unresolved problem with an incorrectly shipped car cradle - my advice would be to steer well clear of them. They operate behind expensive call center numbers and do not respond to anything other than new orders. Very bad service bordering on unacceptable.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: