Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 3 Upgrade Program Begins
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 3 Upgrade Program Begins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Its here and installed Reply with quote

My upgrade CD has arrived.

The installation process was painless and worked first time, keeping all of my old settings as promised.

In my view the new intinery section is worth the price of the upgrade on its own!!

However I have noticed that the Silverstone bypass is not on the map!!
andygrove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dekduke wrote:

Dear Derek

The Product Code you have entered has already been used for an upgrade. You can only upgrade one time, using this Product Code.

V5Vxxxxxxxxxx: TomTom Navigator 2 Great Britain

Return to the Upgrade page

Derek, I get exactly the same problem as you. I have now been in touch with TT support 5 times, and each time all they say is we had a proble with our checkout, please try again. It really frustrates me every time I get the same response. If we did that where I work we'd be out of a job in no time.

Please let me know if you manage to get you upgrade ordered and how you did it.

Andy
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do those of you with this problem see an order on the TomTom Support site under your email address? Especially if that is the case, it may be quicker to try to resolve the payment problem with that order than to try to place a new order - though this is just me guessing.

It seems that the way TomTom have designed the order process means that they block the Navigator 2 product code(s) from being used for an upgrade before your upgrade order is entirely complete. This is stupid - especially if they simply know that the product code has been used but can't link it to the failed order to confirm that the order has failed (you can see the potential for abuse if people can just email in and say "my upgrade order failed - can you allow me to use my Navigator 2 product code again for the ordering process").

If you can arrange to pay for the order where online payment failed, that might be easier.

David
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be better to telephone TomTom and speak to a real person.

Assuming someone answers the phone the support number is:

TomTom Customer Support 0845 161 0009 (open from 10:00 AM till 5:00 PM).
Note: this local phone number is for UK customers only.
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Its here and installed Reply with quote

mark1968 wrote:
In my view the new intinery section is worth the price of the upgrade on its own!!

Fair enough. In my view it should have been in version 1.
juwlz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Beware changing maps when upgrading. Reply with quote

My upgrade has arrived (somehow - it was sent to an interesting combination of my home and work addresses <g>). As I've recently bought a bigger SD card, I also switched to a full GB map instead of the South map that I had previously been using when I upgraded the software.

Unfortunately, this seems to have confused it, and my favourites, recent locations and POIs went missing. I know the POIs are stored in the directory with the map, so moving those to the new directory was easy.

But, does anyone know where my Favourites, configuration settings,
and (less importantly) my Recent Locations are stored? I can't find them anywhere. Please help Question

Also, it appears that my home has disappeared off the map Crying or Very sad . I can no longer choose Twyford near Reading to show on the map, navigate to, etc. as it's disappeared off the list of choices if I type Twyford. (It used to be listed as Twyford, Wokingham [the local authority that collects my Council Tax] in TTN2 ... but is Twyford, Reading or Berkshire according to the Royal Mail.) Also, if I type RG10 0, my street name isn't listed.

Strangely though, if I enter my home postcode using Niels Thomsen's UKPostCode add-on (which I'm pleased to report still works with TTN3), TomTom can name my road and identify the house numbers if I tap on the map.

Any ideas? Question
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably impossible to transfer your favourites to another map, as they're kept in a map-specific settings file. You may just get away with going into the TomTom Navigator Settings folder in My Documents on your Pocket PC and renaming the .cfg file relating to your old map to "Great_BritainNavigatorSettings.cfg". Don't touch the global settings file.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if this just leads to corrupt settings. This is yet another reason not to bother with favourites (apart from your Home location) and use a personal POI category instead.

David
juwlz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Why can't I naviaget to my house any more? Reply with quote

Thanks for that David. As it happens, I do have a couple of POIs, so the loss of my Favourites isn't a big deal.

I've started re-entering my general settings too <sigh>.

On the other issue, does anybody have any ideas about why TTN3 can give me map information about my home (and possibly other places too) once I've located it on the map, but won't allow me to choose that address to navigate to?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The address lookup in Navigator 3 (which I believe is what you're referring to) is one feature TomTom fouled up - it's rather worse than in Navigator 2. For my 'open letter' to TomTom on this subject, which contains a complete description of how Navigator 3 behaves when looking up addresses, see here (click the smaller word 'here').

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: