Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Home 2.2.0.33
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Home 2.2.0.33
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blerke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: updates Reply with quote

Call me cynical but it seems to me that these updates from TT are more about protecting themselves (from potential pirates) & enhancing their income rather than giving the users anything extra.
stevenmfaber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Many of the features now included in HOME have long since been available on community sites but TomTom seem determined to exclude us and that is a worrying trend. Biting the hand that feeds it is never good business!

Tomtom's business plan seems, to me, to centre around biting that very same hand. OK, I'm still using Navigator 5 on my PDA, but that's because Nav6 isn't compatible (according to them) with my Ipaq 63xx. But the 63xx is hardly steam-driven technology, and I had to upgrade my previous PDA to run Nav 5. Is there a pattern emerging here? If so, I'll be looking for alternative SatNav software pretty soon!

I'm particularly fed up with them because I've just bought and downloaded the USA maps to a forthcoming trip to the States, and now "Customer Services" are telling me those maps aren't compatible with Nav5 - yet I've got the version 6 UK & Ireland map working fine.

And to add the cherry on the top, those nice people have updated TomTom Home, but guess what - even the old version isn't compatible with Navigator 5, so the new version is even less use for me!

Anyone know a legit source for USA maps compatible with Nav 5 (or know how to install the version 6 map properly)? Anyone care to recommend alternative Satnav software?

Fed up of Lincs. Sad
NC-Bill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Darren wrote:
I wish I knew, I've not been offered the Mac update yet Crying or Very sad

A moderator on a NA tomtom board who is also a Mac user reports he's only being offered the 1.5 version again .....

I guess it's too much to expect TomTom to get anything right the first time .. Sad

Well mac users it looks like they have NOT forgot about us. Yesterdays 2.x update showed up with the "To my Go" feature, but failed each time you tried it or tried to add a google map point. But they had a link to report the problem.

Then, after todays update they have it so it the program locks-up as you try to use the "Go to my Go" feature. Now you have to force quit the program without the reporting option.

But at least their trying. (I hope)
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a link to the installation of version 2.2.0.33 of TT HOME? I upgraded to 2.2.1.58 a couple of days ago, but would like to shift back since the newest version appears to have added some bugs. The POI subscription isn't working any longer. The PIN code at start-up of the device disappeared today too. I can't find the option in settings where I put it back on again....
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)
ollie10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just downloaded 2.2 on my Tom Tom and in from the sounds section , but after that the new sounds will not play or have I done something wrong, the icon is there ..any advise..
Bug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Map Share update problem Reply with quote

Map Share update problem.

I have been unable to ever update my TTG 910 using Map Share.

Following is a long history of all the things I have tried in order to attempt to get it working!

My GO910 had been running App 6.525 for a while and my laptop and PC had Home 2.1.2.121. In order to meet the requirements to take advantage of Map Share, I updated the GO910 to App 7.162 on 31Dec07 then shortly after on 1Jan2008 downloaded and updated the map from 6.50 to 710.

Because the GO910 has a 20GB hard drive and plenty of free space Home was able to simply install the updated map over the top of my existing map and all my settings such as PGPSW Speed Camera POIs and warnings continued to work as before.

I have followed the instructions in Home and enabled Map Share in the device and ticked all the boxes to allow "Corrections verified by TomTom, trusted sources, many and some" etc.

When I connect my TTG 910 to my PC, Home shows "Your map is 21 weeks out of date 13365 free Map Share corrections waiting".

If I click "Update my GO" I am only ever offered a QuickGPSfix update, which I am able to download and install on a daily basis.

I have followed the advice in a PGPSW thread to remove any potential corrupt Map Share files. (In Home click Tools - TomTom Map Share - Remove Corrections, selected both boxes & clicked Done). The GO was then restarted but with no luck. I have also resorted to the reset button, but still no help.

On the Go the Western_and_Central_Europe map folder doesn't contain any of the Map Share files (MapServerPatch.dat, ServerLineIndex.dat or ServerNameIndex.dat) other than MapUserPatch.dat which I assume contains my own map corrections.

In Home under Tools - TomTom Map Share - Map Share Preferences, the Select countries list is empty. Could anyone else please confirm what they have listed in here?

The Select POI categories tab has all 64 items selected. I have tried unselecting them all but it didn't help.

On 30Jan08 I updated Home on my laptop to 2.2.0.33 but it didnn't make any difference. I have so far left my PC running Home 2.1.2.121. I have downloaded Home 2.2.1.58 but have so far resisted installing it due to negative feedback about it from others.

I haven't fully uninstalled & reinstalled Home on either my laptop or PC because Home appears to do everything else ok and I have the same symptoms on both systems. So I would be surprised if they both failed to work due to the same reason. Maybe there is a corrupt file somewhere which I have yet to find.

I have tried disabling my AV software but that didn't help either.

I have tried doing the update at different times of the day and late at night.

Am I missing something simple or is there really a problem somewhere with my setup? Does anyone please know of anything else that I can try before I have pulled all my hair out?

Any help would be much appreciated.

TTG 910 App 7.162
Map Western and Central Europe 7.10.1561
TT Home 2.2.0.33
Windows XP Pro + SP2
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Map Share update problem Reply with quote

Bug wrote:
Please DON'T Double Post. It will only confuse matters with different postings by different users.

I've answered your other Post HERE.

Let's keep it in one place shall we. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Bug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Map Share update problem Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Bug wrote:
Please DON'T Double Post. It will only confuse matters with different postings by different users.

I've answered your other Post HERE.

Let's keep it in one place shall we. Wink

Sorry for the double post. Message understood loud & clear! Embarassed
BrianWAtkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Darren writes: '...but TomTom seem determined to exclude us and that is a worrying trend.'

What do you mean '...but TomTom seem determined to exclude us and that is a worrying trend.' Are you saying that the cameras cannot be loaded into my TT One Issue One via TT Home 2.2?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianWAtkins wrote:
Rolling Eyes Darren writes: '...but TomTom seem determined to exclude us and that is a worrying trend.'

What do you mean '...but TomTom seem determined to exclude us and that is a worrying trend.' Are you saying that the cameras cannot be loaded into my TT One Issue One via TT Home 2.2?

...and he says it on page one to save others searching (why did I start at 10 and work backwards! Sad )

There's no reason why the PGPSW database cannot be used on your machine, I think all Darren was saying is that having made their name by having all the extra third-party add-ons and functionality, TomTom are now cherry-picking the best and releasing their own versions, and also making it harder for developers by dropping tools like the Software Developer's Kit.

For example, not long ago, if you complained to TomTom about the lousy quality of their own POI files, they would say "well if you don't like ours, you should use one of the third-party ones available".
But now, if you tell them that the latest software has problems reading some POI files, they snootily say "we don't support thitrd-party POI files".

Just a noticeable change in attitude as they have got larger and more successful.... Crying or Very sad

Oh, and just to add, you really don't need to load the PGPSW data via Home, it's quicker and easier doing it with Explorer if you're happy with simple copy-and-paste stuff on a computer, (which you have to be, to get the files in the right place for Home to find anyway!!)
BrianWAtkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Oh, I see. So I can simply copy and paste them into the Western Europe folder on top of the old ones. So which camera set am I best to use Consolidated, Single File or Speed Zone Complete?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's entirely up to you!
If you want the simplest install, go for the single file.
If you want better information, go for the "consolidated by type"
If you want the best information, go for the "speed-zoned"

There's a full description of the types on the main camera download page, under the big green and yellow compatibility chart.

Personally, I would always use the "speed-zoned" set.

Whichever you decide, just remember to download the "ov2" version rather than the "Home" version this time.

You are correct that you can just copy and paste the new versions of the files "over the top" of the old ones unless you change from one version to another (as the single file, consolidated by type and speed-zoned sets all have slightly different file-names so they wouldn't get overwritten after all). If that's the case, just delete the old files beginning with "PocketGPS..." before you load the new ones, the first time. After that, you can copy-paste as normal.
BrianWAtkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That's great. Thank you for your help. Best wishes, Brian.
bobrite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this will help TomTom-owning Mac-users like LB-Greg (or maybe just add to the confusion!!).

I am on an iMac Power (not Intel) OSX 10.4.11 and, in the last 2 weeks, have acquired a TomTom One XL Europe. Set-up via my Mac was a whiz; I didn't install Home from the supplied CD (taking the view that having been on a shelf somewhere for possibly months, it was surely out of date, and also aware TT were allegedly updating the software) and, instead, downloaded the latest from the TT website.

Does what it says on the tin - updates maps, adds in the Mapshare bits, etc, etc.

BUT . . . Operate the Device from computer? No chance. Get the same message LB Greg did, an Error message, then: "This function is not yet supported . . . etc."

So, wondering this would sit with the Trade Description Act, I started a l-o-n-g correspondence with TT customer support. Finally, this morning, Kurt (bless him - his English is still better than my Dutch) came up with this:

"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

The emulators are not currently working well for Macintosh, his is being looked at by the HOME developers and should be fixed with a future update to HOME.

If you are getting the same issues with a compatible version of Windows, where you would be able to use the emulator. if this does not work then please send the system information over from the PC.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

So there you have it. Future update? Who knows when. Fully Mac compatible? Er . . . not quite.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: