Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - V715 maps available!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

V715 maps available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neural
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neural wrote:
Chaps,

I tried to use the 'Latest Map Guarantee' to update my Western and Central European map from 7.10 to 7.15, but received the message that I already had the latest map.

Contacted TomTom, they told me that they are having 'issues' with the map server, and that I had to send them a copy of proof of purchase to get my upgrade.

I have done this and now await for my account to be updated so I can finally download my new map Rolling Eyes

Just to let you know, I was contacted by TomTom today and they asked me to try the 'latest map guarantee again', and guess what it worked. Very Happy Yippee!

I also notice there is a new upgrade to HOME, its now at version 2.2.1.58.
North America 710.1576
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my 920T on 7 January and, thank heaven, it shows I can upgrade to 715 under the map guarantee.

Sorry for a silly question. I have used Home to remove my old map and now installed 715. Copying back into the folder my MapSettings.cfg and and all my PGPSW safety camera files. Where are my warning settings stored ie the distance before camera settings and the warning messages. Are there other files I should be copying back?

TIA

norm
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norm2002 wrote:
Got my 920T on 7 January and, thank heaven, it shows I can upgrade to 715 under the map guarantee.

Sorry for a silly question. I have used Home to remove my old map and now installed 715. Copying back into the folder my MapSettings.cfg and and all my PGPSW safety camera files. Where are my warning settings stored ie the distance before camera settings and the warning messages. Are there other files I should be copying back?

TIA

norm

Your ogg files are either in the map folder with the same name as the cameras exept .ogg at the end or the other way is to put them in the sounds folder but the 1st way is the more popular. Smile
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ian.
DB5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Ver.715 Reply with quote

Hi,
Reading through the posts on LMG brings me to my question. I received an e-mail from TomTom offering maps at half price before the end of Jan 2008. W & C E verr7.10 Purchased said order 28/01/08 as I was well outside the 30 day LMG period. I'm a bit miffed to see that a couple of days into Feb 2008 there is now ver 7.15.
As I have not downloaded ver7.10 would I be entitled to ver 7.15 as they must have known this was due for release while promoting the halfprice sale of maps

Cheers Rolling Eyes
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Ver.715 Reply with quote

DB5 wrote:
they must have known this was due for release while promoting the halfprice sale of maps

Just standard practice for TomTom and most other businesses for that matter. They always have a sale to clear the old stock just before bringing out a new model/version.

How is it different from you buying a sofa in the sales and then finding they've replaced it with a newer, posher one in the window?
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Ver.715 Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
How is it different from you buying a sofa in the sales and then finding they've replaced it with a newer, posher one in the window?

Andy, surely the difference is that they need to dispose of a physical item that has a cost to make and to store. With software, it is just another electronic download. No cost to TomTom at all. From DB5's email, it was not even a boxed copy they were offering.

norm
Philgo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that they have a big push on their old maps so there are more people out of date in a small period of time. This will mean that they are wanting to buy the new ones sooner. Especially true this time of year as Christmas presents are already behind.

I have 710 now and I certainly wont be buying 715, may upgrade later when the next edition comes out, depends on others feedback though.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep me too ,well it still gets you from point a to b ,although i would like to get rid of the colliers but hey ho
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norm2002 wrote:
Where are my warning settings stored ie the distance before camera settings and the warning messages.

Those are stored in MapSettings.cfg
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ver.715 Reply with quote

norm2002 wrote:
Andy_P2002 wrote:

Andy, surely the difference is that they need to dispose of a physical item that has a cost to make and to store. With software, it is just another electronic download. No cost to TomTom at all. From DB5's email, it was not even a boxed copy they were offering.

norm

No,

TT has to pay TeleAtlas a licence fee for every new map issued.

What you could do is offer to pay the difference and get the newer map. I could see TT accepting that proposal.
DB5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for for the response.

Much as I expected, but nice to get input and views from others.

Andy_P2002: Should have heard the alarm bells ringing, if it's to good to be true etc.

Philgo: like you I'll probably stay with the Ver I've got and then wait to see what comes out later

Cheers
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there full coverage of the Channel Islands on v715?
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jersey seems to be pretty well covered, but not Guernsey.
tilyymolly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just used LMG to download latest maps for the inlaws One XL purchased in January. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: