Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuv 770T problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuv 770T problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KevinWilde
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Nuv 770T problems Reply with quote

I've had this for 2 weeks now and have some problems.
When it boots up and connects to my bluetooth phone, I get a message 'Phone disconnected' instead of 'Phone connected'.
When I use phone, Call Home it misses off the last digit of the phone number. I can get it to phone home by setting home up as a favourite and using "where to', 'Favourites' , select 'Home' and click the phone icon, but to get this one to work I had to add an additional character to the end of the number as this option misses off the last digit also, I used the 'p' character. It also doesn't upload my phone book.
My phone is a Nokia N95 and I had no problems with the phone and my previous Nuvi 360.
Also I downloaded some MP3 files, then later deleted some of them and downloaded a fresh set, but the media player still thinks some of the original ones are there, even though I didn't create a paylist.
All in all I am extremely dissapointed with this very expensive top of the rang unit.
I have the latest firmware and there is nothing on the Garmin site about any of these problems.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest taking it back to the store and getting replacement or refund if you are unhappy.

However... Bluetooth operation with newer 'phones is very hit-and-miss. My N80 only has basic connectivity to my 660. Search the Nokia web-site - there is a bit of s/w you can download to the phone to get the contacts to stay in synch.

Even without it you can do a manual upload:

On your 'phone..

Pair your phone to 770T
Select (MARK) all contacts
Transfer via bluetooth - it will ask you which device select 770!

If you can't even get paired then you really have a problem and I strongly suggest a return.

This works for my N80.

About 1 attempt in 10 I still get a BT connection failure - but a retry fixes this.

My 6310 works very well though - SMS with ability for the TTS to read the messages to me! I use this most of the time now - battery life is also significantly better than the N80.
bradders2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuv 770T problems Reply with quote

KevinWilde wrote:
I've had this (nuvi 770T) for 2 weeks now and have some problems.

When I use phone, Call Home it misses off the last digit of the phone number.

I have the same problem with my nuvi 760. The last digit is dropped off when using phone - "call home", but works fine from the address book. All indications on the nuvi show that the complete phone number is in there. I have tried deleting my home details & then re-entering them, as suggested in an earlier thread, but this did not fix the problem. I also updated my software to the latest, 2.60, to no avail. Sad

I have contacted Garmin UK, who, as usual, were very helpful; they told me that the problem was well known to them and that Garmin were in the process of developing a fix which would be incorporated in a forthcoming update. Smile

Chris B

Garmin nuvi 2595LMT
Garmin nuvi 760T
Memory Map Adventurer 2800

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: