Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Memory full
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory full

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtrips
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Memory full Reply with quote

Hello,

I am new to the GPS world. I just got an E-Ten x800 and I use iGO 2006 SE. I usually start iGO while having around 15 Mb of free RAM. Soon enough I will get a "Memory full!" message box and after a little struggle with iGO I can close it but if I want to start it back I'll have to reset my PPC.
Any idea?
foxdie
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can either mean not enough ram, or not enough disk space.

I found I would get that error when I only had 20mb free on my SD card, after freeing up some space on it, igo works perfectly Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sabestian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same issue. If I run iGo directly after a soft reset (with approx 20MB RAM available) it runs sweet. If there is less than that though, it will crash my device. I think iGo seems to require a lot of memory (approx 18 MB). I comparison TomTom 6 needs about 10MB.

The interface is very complicated and good looking, probably that's the cost we pay. Which is a shame, really, because I just cannot use it, even though I like it a lot and rate it higher than TomTom.

Oh, that is not related to memory card. At least not in my case.

Perhaps there is a solution somewhere out there?
briwy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had the same problem and found the following helpful.

Use Magic Button. This is a free download which closes programs when you have finished with them rather than just minimising them which WM does as standard. This will ensure that all the available memory is free witjout the hassle of a reset.

The other strange thing I have found is that when using the PGPS speed camera data it runs out of memory if I use the separate files for each type of camera. Using the single file it seems OK. No idea why but it seems to make a difference on my Axim X51v.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: