Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera 8428
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera 8428

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Camera 8428 Reply with quote

Hi,

I reported an incorrect speed for camera 8428 on Monday.

Looking at the camera map I now see that it has a correct speed against it.

Does this mean I should be receiving my free subscription or has someone beaten me to it again?

Cheers

Mark
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I refer you to this:
mostdom wrote:
DennisN wrote:

...MaFt has far better things to do with his time than continually answer this sort of question...

I like to think of MaFt as a happy go lucky Librarian, who loves nothing more than to rummage through the archives for whatever whim takes his fancy.
I just wouldn't be cut out for his job, hats off to you MaFt!

(from
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=339009#339009)

I won't point you to the one immediately before it, but it says much the same thing Shocked .

As it says on the download page for THIS version of the database:
Quote:
PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database Version 6.014 23 JAN 08
All members submitting the first report of these static cameras will be credited with lifetime memberships by 17:00 24 Jan 08.

If everyone who submits a camera correction asks MaFt to check it out individually, we'll never get a database realease!
So patience is a virtue... Smile
Chester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok point taken - I was just curious Smile

I was never very patient as a kid - waking up at 2am on Christmas morning Very Happy

Cheers
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit I was the same...My parents never forgot the year I got a toy roulette set from Santa.
Imagine the sound of ball bearings in a roulette wheel at 2am!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

changes to mobile sites are not included in the free membership criteria, just the addition of new ones

Quote:
Criteria for Free Lifetime Subscription*:

1. The first person to accurately report a new fixed site.

2. The first person to accurately report a change to an existing fixed site i.e. change of type, correction of location, move etc

3. The first person to accurately report a permanent removal of an existing fixed site.

4. The first person to report a speed correction or submission of speed data where none previously existed for a fixed site.

5. New reports of Mobile sites will also now qualify BUT because such sites are very difficult to verify, it should be noted that validation may take significantly longer than for other types of site. Note that the Free Subscription will only be added after both verification (once it goes 'active' in the database) AND further reports have been received.

We verify all submissions and you will be notified if yours qualifies. If you are successful we'll let you know (there is no need to send us an email to check) and automatically extend your current membership. As before, you must be a current subscriber to benefit from this offer.

Database Piracy
We will award One Free Month's subscription to the first person who reports a website offering our database where we are subsequently able to identify the originator.

eBay
We will award One Free Month's subscription to the first person who reports an eBay Sale they suspect of offering our database and that we are subsequently able to confirm is our data.

Please report piracy issues to piracyATpocketgpsworld.com and remember to include your forum username!

See Forum for full details.

*Please note that submissions prior to 10th July 2007 were subject to different criteria - details of which can be provided upon request.

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: