Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live 7 - Review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live 7 - Review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarvist
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: CoPilot Live 7 - Review Reply with quote

Hi all,

In the thread below, it was mentioned that CoPilot Live 7 for PDA's would be reviewed this month.
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=62833

Is this still going to happen?

I'm really keen to get CoPilot Live 7 as a replacement for my TomTom. Hopefully it will have better, much more up to date mapping. Especially with the question looming over whether TomTom will release another PDA version of the software!

Another query I have is that TomTom 6 lets you specify different distances for each POI to warn you. I guess this is good to give you more notice of a 70mph camera, rather than a 30mph camera. In practice is the limitation of one distance for all POI's in CoPilot a problem ?
Teddy_Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it will be

regards,
jen

OFFICIAL PGPSW TEDDYBEAR Razz
Jarvist
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy_Bear wrote:
yes it will be

regards,
jen

Hi,

Thanks for the reply ... but which question was the YES in reference to?!

Cheers

T
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jen was replying to your first question

the mapping is 2007 Q4 as far as i recall

indivudual poi warning is there but it you add a few custom poi then you can only warn the whole custom ones camera warning is a separate function to the main poi warning. the interface is much improved jen prefers it to her cp6 and keeps knicking my phone so she can use it personally i use it everday on my compact 3 in my job as a courier

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Jarvist
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent ... thank you both.

I think I shall now be crossing to CoPilot 7. The screenshots I have seen are amazing.
samsul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to the review this week.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thi9nk darren is doing the reveiw of cp7. hopefully it will be up soon usually testing is done in the real world situations for example we will test the application or pnd as anyone else would use this is why sometimes it takes us a little while to get reveiws up

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Jarvist
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah now Im confused, I thought the review had taken place and was just requiring to be published!!!!

I've got my credit card burning a hole in my wallet deciding if I should get CP7, or wait to see if TT release a new version!
samsul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt you'll see a review of Copilot 7 here anytime soon. I am sure these guys have better things to do then review a popular navigation software.

I personally wouldn't recommend it. I agree it looks much better than Tomtom but when it comes to route calculation, the routing algorithm is completely wrong. For example, I wanted to go to Liverpool from Manchester. I put the address in Tomtom and it showed me 39 miles to the address - which was correct. Then I put the same destination in Copilot 7, it told me it was 79 miles away - now how is that possible?

My conclusion, nice GUI but not a good navigation software.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a little tired of your remarks. Last time you were complaining that we had not reviewed beta software that was under NDA, give it up.

We are in the process of reviewing it but with one of our three on holiday and another on business iI am battling to prepare three major reviews and a few others all at the same time.

All are equally important and all will be ready when they are ready and will be detailed reviews as a result. Perhaps you would rather our reviews were as brief as yours and buyers instead made their informed decision based on three paragraphs!
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsul wrote:
I doubt you'll see a review of Copilot 7 here anytime soon. I am sure these guys have better things to do then review a popular navigation software.

I personally wouldn't recommend it. I agree it looks much better than Tomtom but when it comes to route calculation, the routing algorithm is completely wrong. For example, I wanted to go to Liverpool from Manchester. I put the address in Tomtom and it showed me 39 miles to the address - which was correct. Then I put the same destination in Copilot 7, it told me it was 79 miles away - now how is that possible?

My conclusion, nice GUI but not a good navigation software.

While you are right the routing algorithm seems to be broke, even in the US, sitting down and understanding it is not to hard, I fixed mine its working as it should, but took about 1 hour to understand it and play with some routes to know where its broke and how to work around. Its almost the same bug that CP6 had in the routing, its basically backwords from what I can tell. The GUI is cool, its alot better IMO. It seems more stable in the way it announces the upcoming turns and stuff for distance.

As with any software or some software, nothing is perfect and to believe that anything you buy will be 100% perfect is crazy, all the hype about TT a while back was just that, in its own way it has its problems too! Just my 2 cents.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: