Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Poor maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Poor maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make sure you have actually downloaded the map and that your payment method has been accepted. If you bought it 2 weeks ago then connect to TT Home (make sure you are logged in) and then update my go and you might see your new map there, if not then contact TT. Wink
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
Stoat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TT One, about 2 years old, I was considering taking advantage of their latest promotion to update my UK map, but after reading threads such as this, am not sure it's worth it.

Is there any way in advance to tell how up-to-date the latest map would be? e.g. an online map viewer? I'm assuming not, can someone with v7.10 tell me if it includes a bypass past Lamberhurst in Kent (A21), would be a dual carriageway to the East? on mine this shows as a pleasant drive across farmland.
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoat wrote:
I have a TT One, about 2 years old, I was considering taking advantage of their latest promotion to update my UK map, but after reading threads such as this, am not sure it's worth it.

Is there any way in advance to tell how up-to-date the latest map would be? e.g. an online map viewer? I'm assuming not, can someone with v7.10 tell me if it includes a bypass past Lamberhurst in Kent (A21), would be a dual carriageway to the East? on mine this shows as a pleasant drive across farmland.

Please supply the gps LOCATION, Nxx.xxxx Wx.xxxx so that people can find it easily.

A fast way for you to check with a high level of certainty is to check the Map Insight viewer at Teleatlas.com
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoat, the A21 Lamberhurst bypass IS on v705 maps, so it's pretty safe to assume it is still there on the latest v710 (although this IS TomTom we're talking about! ! Laughing )

Infama wrote:
A fast way for you to check with a high level of certainty is to check the Map Insight viewer at Teleatlas.com

I wouldn't trust that at all. It takes several months for TomTom to process the map data they receive from TeleAtlas, so that viewer could be much more up to date than maps TT haven't even released yet.

Last edited by Andy_P on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Stoat, the A21 Lamberhurst bypass IS on v705 maps, so it's pretty safe to assume it is still there on the latest v710 (although this IS TomTom we're talking about! ! Laughing )

Infama wrote:

I wouldn't trust that at all. It takes several months for TomTom to process the map data they receive from TeleAtlas, so that viewer could be much more up to date than maps TT haven't even released yet.

GPS coordinates?

Point taken, BTW.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infama wrote:

GPS coordinates?

I added a picture, (possibly after you posted) and they're at the bottom of that.
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Infama wrote:

GPS coordinates?

I added a picture, (possibly after you posted) and they're at the bottom of that.

I can confirm that Ver7.10 WCE map has the bypass. It is the same as the pix above.
Stoat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thank you to everyone who replied to that, I think I might go ahead with that.

Thanks!
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoat wrote:
can someone with v7.10 tell me if it includes a bypass past Lamberhurst in Kent (A21), would be a dual carriageway to the East? on mine this shows as a pleasant drive across farmland.

Just as final reassurance, I've driven the A21 in both directions several times since I got my 720, and it always directs me onto the Lamberhurst bypass.
Samsung Galaxy S21
shakatar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i downloaded the latest great britain and ireland map from tomtom for my fathers one device,after the download checked the version and it was showing version 6.75,
sent tomtom a email and told them, they replied and said it looks like i had been assigned the wrong map.
i replied back and said yep it looks that way, what you going to do about it, after about a week i received a email that they had put version 7.10 in my account to now download, downloaded it checked version and now is 7.10

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: