Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MioMap Updater doesn't find updates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MioMap Updater doesn't find updates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: MioMap Updater doesn't find updates Reply with quote

Hi,

Haven't posted in ages (March last year I think).

Anyhoo, I have finally got round to updating my MioMap V3 to V3.2. Only the updater runs and then tells me that there are no updates to be had at all.

Now this is pretty weird given that I haven't updated anything on the ubit since I bought it back in 2006!!!!

I have downloaded the latest MioMap V3 Updater from Mio-tech.be etc....

What am I doing wrong?

I'v got a C710 with Mio Map 3.1 on it apparently
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 710 with MioMap Sept 06 on it. Mio updater says that there are no updates for mine either. I know there was one in March07. But Mio have been known to screw up, almost continuously.
So it probably aint you.
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But i thought there was an update to V3.2?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My version of MioMap is 3.2 and was released Sept 06. There was at least one even earlier version and a later version in march 07 (All MM3.2)
At one time mine offered to upgrade to March versioon, but I lost TMC and 7 digit postcodes so I went back to the original Sept06 Version. Now Mio tell me there are no upgrades when I know there is at least one.
The whole MIO upgrade and customer service stinks.
You could try emailling them. Some people get an answer. I did once.
iainmack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they have taken the updates for the c710 down as the latest one v3.3 doesn’t seem to work to good, well not on mine anyway
I emailed them to see if there was a problem and they just told me to restore with the DVD I got with it
I have tried to run the update tool since restoring and it tells me there isnt a update
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: MioMap Updater doesn't find updates Reply with quote

Palexr wrote:
Hi,

Haven't posted in ages (March last year I think).

Anyhoo, I have finally got round to updating my MioMap V3 to V3.2. Only the updater runs and then tells me that there are no updates to be had at all.

Now this is pretty weird given that I haven't updated anything on the ubit since I bought it back in 2006!!!!

I have downloaded the latest MioMap V3 Updater from Mio-tech.be etc....

What am I doing wrong?

I'v got a C710 with Mio Map 3.1 on it apparently

With respect, why don't you just scroll down and read earlier posts in this forum - they will answer all of your questions and you may even be able to contribute to the discussion.

If there's a need to start yet another thread on how poor Mitac is in terms of customer support then please give me a shout and I'll be only to happy to join in but in this case there isn't: there are currently no updates or core installs available on the Mio servers for the C510/C710 or other "legacy" units. You are on your own and you will have to depend entirely on the CD that came with your device (a matter of luck - some people have 3.1 and some have 3.2).

If there's an argument for producing a 3.2 ISO install that doesn't infringe copyright then I would be very interested in a new thread.

Mio support have no immediate plans to rectify the problem (which presumably isn't a problem for them at all).

The best solution is probably an eBay listing for the device in question. If only TomTom devices came with a TMC input jack....
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: MioMap Updater doesn't find updates Reply with quote

Retty wrote:
The best solution is probably an eBay listing for the device in question. If only TomTom devices came with a TMC input jack....

The following TT products come with an RDS socket:

One Third Edition
One XL Regional
One XL Europe

You have to purchase the external receiver to use the socket, which contains electronics and a hard wired aerial with no facility to connect an external feed to it (although some users are starting to experiment with this in order to improve reception) - Mike
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
My version of MioMap is 3.2 and was released Sept 06. There was at least one even earlier version and a later version in march 07 (All MM3.2)

Yes, there were a few upgrades on the server at one time, but they have all been removed. I guess this is to persuade people to buy a new model to get the latest maps, but that may well backfire if the new one is a dfferent make!

If you ever did an update, you will find that the latest files have been stored by the updater program on your PC, so you should be able to retrieve them.

Having said all that, the changes to the maps were minimal and from what I have heard even the very latest maps in the new 620 are not much different. The interface changes you can make yourself from the information posted here.
The most important updates of course are those from PGPSW!

I'm personally quite content with the 710 which continues to serve me very well.

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on that one Sal.
What I can't understand is why MIO have the updater on line and don't offer ant updates, not even the ones that they have released in the past. How crap is that Question
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
What I can't understand is why MIO have the updater on line and don't offer ant updates, not even the ones that they have released in the past. How crap is that Question

No doubt their business model is that they make more money by selling replacement units than by helping customers to update their existing ones.

Sal
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
Yes, there were a few upgrades on the server at one time, but they have all been removed. I guess this is to persuade people to buy a new model to get the lat

According to Mio, this was a temporary measure taken as a result of server problems.

I guess the question is, what is the definition of 'temporary' in this instance
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
M8TJT wrote:

No doubt their business model is that they make more money by selling replacement units than by helping customers to update their existing ones.

Sal
Thanks Sal. I will search around for any worthwhile add ons/mods. Any that particularly spring to mind?

I did download the POI loader, all I need now are some interesting POI.
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very tempted to unlock the beast and run Igo on it. Anyone done that?
ticklepin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: MioMap Updater doesn't find updates Reply with quote

Yes, well Mio are trying – very trying.
After b*gg*ring up my C710 by the duff download on 02/01/2008,viz: on accessing MioMap

! Failed to open file:
ui_mio/mio/loading_c710.bmp
exiting application.

All the help Mio customer support could offer was that ‘Unfortunately as you have a device from another region than Western Europe I can't support you’.
After I finally disabused them of this novel delusion, they advised that I resort to reloading the original CD, which I did.
This, at the very least, removes all one’s favourites, and now also disables the TMC.
Subsequent runs of the updater were rewarded with the ‘no updates available’ message until around lunchtime this Friday 18th.
Then hurrah! updates were available.

On attempting this electronic miracle, Surprise Surprise: all I got was an Error message stating unable to download to local drive.
And now, early afternoon, the ‘There isn’t available update’ message is back.

Just how is Mio able to produce these pantomimes time after time?

What is one to say?
Except perhaps “Hello T.T. here I come!”
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: MioMap Updater doesn't find updates Reply with quote

ticklepin wrote:
Just how is Mio able to produce these pantomimes time after time?

Practice, my boy. Sorry, rehersals for a panto, isn't it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: